It's all about the music

CECAA850

look, you guys have to forgive my non-existent knowledge of speakers. I swear I'm doing my homework. Here's my system...my first horn (besides the Old's cornet I played in high school):image.jpg

What the hell is that?

It's a lil silicone thingie that you stick your iPhone in (instead of using a cup or bowl) to amplify the speakers. I paid too much for it ($10) but it's kind of awesome. Edited by mangofirst
  • Like 2

look, you guys have to forgive my non-existent knowledge of speakers. I swear I'm doing my homework. Here's my system...my first horn (besides the Old's cornet I played in high school):

image.jpg

What the hell is that?

My question also, looked like some kind of toy, i will not say what kind of toy :ph34r: i'll just leave it there.

• Like 1

Carl, can't thank you enough for having us over to hear your systems.  Very very impressive!!!!!   I'm like you, a weekend would have better so that we could have done more listening.  I hope to get back over there soon.  Such an enjoyable evening,  I hope you can make it over to my place one day.

Thanks my friend,

Kevin

I'll think up some sort of excuse to make it over, it's not that far.

This morning my wife asked me how it went last night.  I told her we all had fun.  She also asked if you were at the gathering in Hope, I told her that you were and you were the guy with the big speakers I kept talking about.  She said "yours must seem like tinker toys to him".  :mellow:   I couldn't think of a good come back.

• Like 2

What garbage?  Did I miss something?

Well......... obviously some folks like to think deeply about a variety of important subjects and seek to maturely interact with others - while some folks are just not interested, are unable to articulate and prefer topics of limited substance.  I have an idea...........  mebbe there could be like a thread limited to just moderators where they can preen one another and be all important?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well......... obviously some folks like to think deeply about a variety of important subjects and seek to maturely interact with others - while some folks are just not interested, are unable to articulate and prefer topics of limited substance.  I have an idea...........  mebbe there could be like a thread limited to just moderators where they can preen one another and be all important?  :rolleyes:

Being passive aggressive is a sign of maturity?

Being passive aggressive is a sign of maturity?

Garbage in, garbage out.

• Like 1

• Moderators

look, you guys have to forgive my non-existent knowledge of speakers. I swear I'm doing my homework. Here's my system...my first horn (besides the Old's cornet I played in high school):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Mango, you must let me hear that thing next time I'm there!   ;)   I don't think I have ever seen one of those!!!!

• Like 1

Sounds like good times guys. Indeed, I wish I was there. I'd love to experience that IB too. I know what they are capable of, but I'm also all about  simply plunking down and just getting into the sound....Letting the system do what it was designed to do.

That level of bass is a whole 'nother animal.  B)

Sounds like good times guys. Indeed, I wish I was there. I'd love to experience that IB too. I know what they are capable of, but I'm also all about  simply plunking down and just getting into the sound....Letting the system do what it was designed to do.

That level of bass is a whole 'nother animal.  B)

I really only demo'd one thing that got lower than normal music.  It was the train arrival scene from The Polar Express.  I really need to get more movie demo material but last night was mostly about the music.  They were amazed how much bass two little 8" ($35.00) drivers put out in the table tuba in the back yard.

It's all about the music

If it keeps on rainin'
Levee's goin' to break
If it keeps on rainin'
Levee's goin' to break
When the levee breaks
I'll have no place to stay

Mean old levee
Taught me to weep and moan
Mean old levee
Taught me to weep and moan

It's got what it takes