Style points and degree of difficulty

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

Was looking back at some old threads about people who had been banned or resigned or left.

Ran across some good ones, and saw a few different moderators jumping in. Interesting to see how an engineer does it as compared to someoe from a marketig/PR

backgroud does it.

Interesting to see who was involved with what.

Have to say I was mightly impressed with some of the comments of moderators.

I even thiught I would rate a few if them, Degree of Difficulty on a 1 to 5 scale, and Style Points5 on a 1 to 10 scale.

I am not giving an explanation why I am giving certain points, that would hust stir up more trouble, they don't give explanations at the Olympics.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/92200-all-those-who-were-at-the-indiana-field-house/#entry1003245

3.5 DOD

9.0 Style points

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Never gonna fall for

Modern Love walks beside me

Modern Love walks on by

Modern Love gets me to the Church on Time

Church on Time terrifies me

Church on Time makes me party

Church on Time puts my trust in God and Man

God and Man no confessions

God and Man no religion

God and Man don't believe

in Modern Love

• Like 1

Travis,Very well handled.... but why am I not surprised that our resident practicing Atheist was involved? Hmmmmm?Roger

No religion

Exactly! 

Excellent observation.  :lol:

• Moderators

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/81888-parrot-cant-defend-himself/page-2

DOD 5.0 out of 5.0 (explaining why member was banned for life)

Style points 9.5 out of 10.0, purely subjective on my part.

These have nothing to do with current Admin or Mods, it is about seeing this all before.

I think it is good to look at history. As Chad and others have mentioned, this stuff is cyclical, There is nothing really new here in my opinion, it is just the cycle we are in.

Chad has a very high scoring one, possibly a 10.0, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Trey Cannon, 11 years ago. He gave out warnings about personal attacks, which of course went unheeded. He shut down the 2 Channel Forum over the weekend. He has a post in there about what to think about before hitting the post button.

Degree of Difficulty: 5.0 (entering hostile territory after shutting down the entire 2 channel thread)

Style points: 10.0. (Ignores personal comments about himself, gives simple and straightforward advice that any 10 year old would, and should know.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/38878-2-channel-shutdown-overreaction-to-childish-flames/?hl=locked#entry351700

Might be a good idea to test in this periodically.

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Some commentary by Forum members about the 2 channel Forum being locked down over the weekend.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/38826-banning-posts-forum-censorship/page-3?hl=locked

Some comments about free speech, how relatively tolerant the Klipsch forum is about many things.

Didn't someone here say there are only 3 simple rules?

Some commentary by Forum members about the 2 channel Forum being locked down over the weekend. https://community.kl...age-3?hl=locked

An 11 year old thread?  Many forum members and Klipsch employees have come and gone over that time span.  I'm not quite sure how it's relevant to current events unless you're using history to establish a pattern? 

I haven't seen a lot of personal attacks except for the one thread which has been cleaned up, and some others were deleted for being too critical.  There have been some ardent exchanges of opinions, especially about the role, function, and performance of moderators.  I think Travis is using history to suggest that the moderators are doing a good job while avoiding extremes, and that he sees them as necessary and beneficial to the forum.  Aren't you just basking in the glory Carl? (rhetorical.  not meant to imply that he is at all. actually more the opposite)((it is disconcerting I now feel the need to explain my style given recent history))

Edited by oldtimer