Condo Bass Courtesy Suggestions?

DizRotus

one non technical thought: invite the neighbors up. let them listen to the system. also let them know the hope is for no offense to be taken. ask them to call when there's a problem and it will be accommodated as needed. could earn some good will. 

• Like 2

one non technical thought: invite the neighbors up. let them listen to the system. also let them know the hope is for no offense to be taken. ask them to call when there's a problem and it will be accommodated as needed. could earn some good will. 

I agree completely.

Neighbor "kid" (he was in his late 20's) decided to have a party while his parents were out of town... woke up my kids and me more than once.  I was out screaming at him at 3 AM and his guests decided to leave.  If he had just offered me a beer at some point or talked to me and not hung up on me when I called things could have been different.  Communication makes a difference.

Edited by muel

Neighbor "kid" (he was in his late 20's) decided to have a party while his parents were out of town... woke up my kids and me more than once.  I was out screaming at him at 3 AM and his guests decided to leave.  If he had just offered me a beer at some point or talked to me and not hung up on me when I called things could have been different.  Communication makes a difference.

Don't you just hate when you're the guy yelling, "Hey you kids get off my lawn"?

• Like 1

Most people who live in condos or apartments live in poorly designed and built ones that transmit sound all too effectively.  I always wondered how Leonard Bernstein, Richard Rodgers, and others in glossy magazine photos, sitting in front of their Grand Pianos, could avoid pissing off the neighbors in their New York apartment buildings.  The answer is that the neighbors couldn't hear them.  I was flabbergasted the first time I was in a "good" apartment.  It was on the second floor, and was a few feet from a very busy parkway with much traffic, including big trucks.  There was a park beyond, full of screaming children playing tag.  I couldn't hear a thing.

Edited by garyrc

Don't you just hate when you're the guy yelling, "Hey you kids get off my lawn"?

The system that people have on this forum, the kid will be yelling at the older gentleman playing the loud music, ha, ha.