S O L D Danley Sound Labs SH50

artto

I bought three of these new thinking I would need three to replace my three-channel Klipschorn/Belle setup. As it turns out I need only two. The third one has been barely used, not even broken in. Mint condition.

Prefer local pickup, PayPal. If you want it shipped you'll have to arrange for pickup and shipping.

EDIT: CHICAGO NW BURBS. Sorry about that. Been here so long it seems everyone knows me but haven't been here much lately.

Asking $3000

post-8736-0-36780000-1431700523_thumb.jp

post-8736-0-71700000-1431700646_thumb.jp

post-8736-0-74140000-1431700660_thumb.jp

post-8736-0-61780000-1431700669_thumb.jp

Edited by artto

I bought three of these new thinking I would need three to replace my three-channel Klipschorn/Belle setup.

I'm sad you are replacing your Khorn/Belle setup, only because you have been a fountainhead of information on Khorn/Belles and room acoustics for so many years.  Thank you.  Sic transit gloria!

Edited by garyrc

Wish I could swing it but then I'd have to buy another.

What are the dimensions and how low will it go?

It's about 28x28x30 deep. I know it's hard to believe but the mouth area is actually larger than Khorn or Jubilee. They're pretty flat down to 50Hz, but that's in free space 50' above the ground outside. I find I have to turn the bass down on some recordings (although I have four Epik Empire subs). I cross them over to the subs at 50Hz/24dB/octave. The -9dB point is about 38Hz. The best thing is the phase linearity. Once you get used to it you can hear the phase problems in every other speaker that is not broadband phase coherent. There's no going back.

And to Gary ~ thanks. The other thing about these is the room needs far less acoustical treatment since they put most of the sound where it belongs. Bass traps are still of course a must. And I'm in the process of rearranging the polycylinders, all of which will also be back filled with Roxul so they do double-duty as bass traps. Floor to ceiling Auralex MegaLenrd in the corners. Much less strategic absorption required than Khorns. I have them about 7' from the front wall. The sound is extremely three-dimensional. One of my friends familiar with the Khorn/Belle setup asked while listening "Do you have a center speaker?" I said "Do you see one?" ~ "Well no, but it's so three dimensional and everything is exactly where it should be."

Edited by artto

I apologize for going off topic but if there is going to be a single belle for sale soon, I'd really be interested. Pretty scarce in Chicagoland.

Gary, that's a possibility. The Belle is not being used at the moment. The only reason I haven't put it up for sale yet is I'm considering using it on the HT between two Chorus. I have a RC7 in that position right now. I think the Belle will "voice" better with the Chorus and save me some width across the front wall which I could use (and my wife would like too). The issue is the TV, a 61" Samsung LED/DLP which would have to sit on top of the Belle. That would place the TV kind of high, higher than I want, because of the 8" or so that forms the base of the TV. So the plan is to eventually get a curved 4K panel and mount it on the wall where it could sit lower. I guess a lot depends on how much motivation I get from price. I really don't know how long it will be until I get the new TV. I tend to wait until it breaks. The DLP chip went out once already. IF it goes out again I'm not fixing it and it's 4K time.

Edited by artto