Disturbance

oldtimer

Wanna bet?

It might be the Upgrade version that gives you headaches. 

For me, I like to start my OS changes with a clean slate, and reformat before installing fresh new OS. Only once have I tried updating over an existing older version, and that didn't go well.... and after a week or so of fiddling with it, I thought screw this, and went with a clean and fresh install. No more problems, works every time, so long as the OS is decent.

It's more work, but it's a good time to update the mobo's bios, device drivers, an having to re-install software, but in the end, IMHO, it's like getting a new computer all over again.

Edited by Gilbert

Yes. 

Dave

Wow. I've really stuck my foot in it(my mouth) now. Sorry Dave its just I've had so many terrible experiences with MicroSoft products through the years.

Now back to our original Disturbance.

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

Sorry Dave its just I've had so many terrible experiences with MicroSoft products through the years.

I'll compare horrible experiences with you anytime.  But when you make your living with this crap you learn to navigate the minefield and know when to take another step.

I still want my Amiga back.  But it ain't happening.

Dave

Edited by Mallette