Radio Shack's not gone...

Marvel

They are linking with a cell carrier, which may be Sprint
Sprint branding is already taking place. The final announcement/approval of the new company won't be made until July I believe. The manager at the store in Ft. Oglethorpe, GA seems pretty optimistic (probably why he has become a manager), and is rather knowledgeable. Not like others I've met over the years.

They are receiving inventory from other stores and warehouses.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They are linking with a cell carrier, which may be Sprint

Sprint branding is already taking place. The final announcement/approval of the new company won't be made until July I believe. The manager at the store in Ft. Oglethorpe, GA seems pretty optimistic (probably why he has become a manager), and is rather knowledgeable. Not like others I've met over the years.

They are receiving inventory from other stores and warehouses.

I think that is right Bruce, Sprint finalized the deal to sublease in a large percentage, but not all, of the remaining stores. The remaining stores are all part of the new company that is owned by General Wireless. They kept the inventory and warehouses they wanted in their deal. The inventory in the closed stores and closed warehouses is owned by the previous incarnation of the company and will go to offset some of the massive debts owned by that entity.

This article have a pretty good roadmap of how things have progressed through the bankruptcy process.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13130825/1/radioshack-set-to-put-intellectual-property-last-store-leases-on-the-auction-block.html

• Like 1

I've only been to the Fry's in California, but it was way better than Radio Shack has ever been...

Somehow I'm not very hopeful this new incarnation is going to be any better. I guess time will tell.

Edited by DrWho