Quality by Weight

prodj101

my general rule of thumb when buying audio products is, "Quality goes hand in hand with Weight". I believe this to be accurate too. With receivers or amps, more weight woulf mean a larger power supply/transformer. With speakers, it means big magnets and sturdy cabnits. what are some of your rules?

------------------

-Trevor

Ah yes. The old weight equates to quality equation . One cannot even begin to ponder such a question without first delving into the realm of qualitative and quantitative analysis which the afore mentioned subject must be considered falling into if one believes in the operational state of mathematical possibilities that allow mere fractions of each science to be introduced at a very well timed intersections surrounding the entire solution , if at all possible, while maintaining the integrity of hundreds of the cornerstones of the physical sciences encompassing such theories as constant forces versus tri-polar gravitation anomalies that have been proven yet not implemented to their fruition in the development of a any acceptable by-pass kinetic paradoxes. Lets not over simplify the exacting process of the now popular auto assays that seem to be permeating most of the third and fourth generation media inhibitors which are displaying wonderful results when applied within the parameters set forth in the 1029th Joint report at the French Symposium on Ion Based Post Lyophilized Ion Particulate Matter after a great debate by the Organization of South American Analytical Chemists held in Bogotá , Columbia during a closed door conference of the International Committee for Sensory Analysis of gram based weight production procedures on February 29, 2000 which was later published by professors Conn , Stant and Nople of Bogazici Universitys School of Civil Engineering in Turkey and sponsored in part by Princeton Universitys Einstein and Oppenheimer Fund for the development of low level irradiated consumer edibles measured within micro second thresholds during 24 hour 7 day a week testing patterns. Better known as the 7-11 fund in the United States. A collaboration study conducted by Doctors Lumbardo and Spinola of the University of Cairo practically implies that pressure to the regions of lower weight bearing systems when heat producing anatomically correct human subjects after their mobilization of any object from an initial point A to a destination point B within a radius of detectable hearing levels down to 20hz and decibel levels no more than 120db of weights varying between 2 and 50 kilos substantiates the proposed theory that herniation of L-4 and L-5 may be a factor needed in a formula, even if by means of interpolation, for any qualitative analysis in respect to the performance of any audio sensory supplement that may be used for the enhancement of most normal human listening environments encountered when said subjects have been observed in the confines of a designated measurable space. What is space ? Ah yes. Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the.....

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

BBB - You neglected to compensate for load bearing approximations caused by deviations of particulate injection of hyperbolic trajectories, not to mention the ?principa elastica? by which the cohesion fluctuations and transitory amalgamations render the residual audible artifacts redundant, thus reducing harmonic interference with a ratio of 1.356 Klein per cubic meter squared.

I must add, the weightiness of your argument is, indeed, equivalent to it's merit. Thus confirming the initial hypothesis...tee hee.

(Nice to have you back, and I'll leave you alone for a bit)

This message has been edited by cluless on 08-15-2002 at 10:20 AM

BBB,

You must have gotten good marks in school if your teachers graded on the toss the report down the steps method. The weightier the tome, the farther down the steps, the higher the grade.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scalas (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Living Room:

Yamaha RX-V590, 1978 Klipschorns Mainsc>s>

Well, a light product probablt won't be the best.

Obviously, this is WAY too general to make a equasion.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

I recently saw a floorstanding speaker in stereophile adds, the weight was 45 pounds for a 12 inch built in sub with a 150 watt amp, 2 6.5 inch woofers and a 1 inch dome tweeter. It is about 45 inches. To me, it's suspicous that it could only be 45 pounds, sence my SF-2's weigh 38 each without amps and all.

------------------

-Trevor

Oh yeah Cluless , I need friends like you to translate and explain what I am saying to me. I would have been back sooner but I made the mistake of fooling around with some Chinese handcuffs that I found in the back of my junk drawer which , if I remember correctly, was originally discovered stuck to the bottom of and old Cracker Jack box that popped out from underneath my spare tire cover of a 1957 Oldsmobile I used to own that had a 333 horsepower engine with dual holly carbs and a transmission that fell out after I rebuilt it 5 times while trying to figure out how these pesky fingertip locking devises became attached to the second digits of both my right and left hand. Very practical if you want to keep anyone away from things that require a keyboard to operate or for an unforgettable joke you would like to play on the last auto mechanic who ripped you off when he supposedly repaired your 4 speed by pouring saw dust into every nook and cranny of your lemon-mobiles drive-train. I ended up putting it on blocks in the backyard and used it only when I need to smoke a ham. It finally burned to the ground one day and ended up a total loss due to the fact I was directing the fire trucks to my house using a compass I found in an entirely different Box of Jack in the Trunk yet in the same vehicle which mysteriously lodged itself between the headliner and roof of the wheels of fire which finally convinced me that the box was put there by a disgruntled auto assembly line worker who was determined that the car was going to be cursed as being built under a bad sign until its last puff of smoke was emitted from the poor beasts smoldering brake pads. Hey a revelation ! Now I know why they call them cinder blocks. You learn something every leap year. I better go. I think I smell rubber burning. Not to worry I found it . My room is on fire. Ah . My trusty Rubber Soul flompy doodle comes through for me again. Thats it ! Stomp out that sucker Mr. Green Things and Ill break out my 1901 vintage bottle of Coca-a-Cola bottled in Hotlanta and sole survivor of the crashes of 29 and 87 as a reward. icon98.gif

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

quote:

Originally posted by cluless:

Tom -

Buckley...I like it, Nope I love it, Better than reality, fractal, or friction... It's a happy thing...

Oh, Buckley..... where are you BBB...Buckley? With fiends like me...who kneads eminies....

Now if some one could just explain this Susan B. Anthony thing.cwm6.gif

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

HEY CLU.

I resemble that remark. ha ha

BBB. Great posts.

Quantitative Theory and bad mechanics.

Is there a connection?

Pssst. The worms ARE the spice.

Pass it on...

The indubitable reality of measurement results is a solid rock on which to found an empirical science, or from which to launch speculative voyages into deep reality.

I'm going to bi-wire my brain.

Where's my soldering rifle.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Man, what are you smoking and where can I get some Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Tom -

Was gonna give you the lowdown on Toni-Sue, but for once I "Stifled". Might not last long though..Mmmmprph..mphpprh...

Something that is a dollar, but not a dollar, works more like a quarter...errmmmrrrph...

Catch you in coupla beers...tee hee...

Buckley - You are beyond explanation...cwm38.gif

AR - taking the "Pledge - okay Behold Challenge" here and I want a croco-stimpy too! Happy Happy Joy Joy - Just remember - don't whizz on the electric fence!

Wheee

cwm29.gif

This message has been edited by cluless on 08-16-2002 at 06:03 PM