Tv show ALONE, anybody else watching this?

JL Sargent

It's the only show I take the time to actually watch every week. It airs Thursday nights 9PM central on the History channel. A group of guys are dropped off in the Canadian wilderness all alone with very bare essentials. Last man standing wins 1/2 a million dollars. It's down to two guys remaining after 43 days. Check it out!

• Like 3

Sounds like the beginnings of "Brokeback Mountain" happening - (not that there's anything wrong with that) ……..I'm currently watching "The Strain" now - pretty intense with good special effects and good acting. (wanna kick the little kid, though!)

Edited by Dr Morbius
  • Like 2

Dont watch much, im a flipper, noticed the wife watching one of those reality shows, she was telling me all about the people getting dropped off in the desert for a week or so of endurance.

Wife liked how one gril was sucking the water of of cactus, so i ask the wife what she would do?

Wife says you know i love the outdoors and id be doing the same thing.

Wife ask me what i would do? told her id ask the cameraman for his bottle.

• Like 2

Great show, nothing seems to be contrived at all.

My wife and I honeymooned on Vancouver Island(Tofino, Victoria) so the setting has a special meaning to me.

Cougars are nasty on Vancouver Island, I don't think I could sleep a wink.

Bill

• Like 1

Ten men enter the Vancouver Island wilderness carrying only what they can fit in a small backpack. They are alone in harsh, unforgiving terrain with a single mission–stay alive as long as they can. These men must hunt, build shelters and fend off predators. They will endure extreme isolation and psychological distress as they plunge into the unknown and document the experience themselves. No camera crew. No producers. It is the ultimate test of man’s will.

Im Callin BS, let me get another Cup-0-Joe/Duggans and do some research.

Iv ate my words more than once in life, so if wrong ill admit it.

Currently i have a couple camera operators listed, however, there are only two, surely it would take more than two.

Iv got my feelers out on this one, need to prove my thoughts to the wife also calling her out on her show(s).

I could be eatin Crow.

Camera Operators:
Chris Barker
Aaron Denalt

You would be well served to watch an episode of the show at www.history.com

It's gets real obvious quick that these guys are NOT actors and are all alone. :)

I went to the HC website and watched, videos, Clips, full episodes are also available there free to view.

Never said they were actors.

Im simply saying i dont believe they are alone.

P.S. The wife called me out to prove this to her sometime back, so seeing this thread i suppose i better look into it, like i said to start with, i have eatin Crow more than once, and im sure i will again sometime.

I have my feelers out, need some time.

I like my Crow cooked, but dont fire up the BBQ just yet.

Will update my findings as they come in.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

They are either videoing themselves from a fixed tripod or are carrying their own cameras. They also have lost a ton a weight. The 40yr old guy looks like he has lost about 40 lbs in the last 43 days. Anyway, I just don't believe there is anything fake about the competition. Fun to watch.

Edited by JL Sargent

I like this show. I liked how the tough guy cop only lasted one night. I picked Alan about 6 weeks ago, I hope he wins it. I'm surprised that Lucas left last week, he seemed like a strong player, he made a canoe and a guitar. Final episode of the season Thursday.