Apple announcements today....

jimjimbo

MixMaster Carl....So, a question for you...what is your very favorite vodka, for martini's?

There's a short answer and a long answer but I rarely use anything other than potato vodka.  Very favorite is Chopin but I rarely buy it as there are cheaper ones that are ALMOST as good.  The bottle I'm on now is one my wife gave me last Christmas.  I splurged and brought a 1.75 liter one to the gathering at Rodneys.

If they figure out a way to get games on the apple TV (which I think they will do with the apps) it will be pretty cool, way better than Kodi.  Can you imagine if Nintendo made a deal with Apple and used the Apple TV as a console, they'd make a fortune just off of the vintage games.  No new software no hardware just a decent emulator...

The airport express and the first touch iPod 10 years ago (I still have and that still work), changed the way I listen to music forever.   They started my beloved digital music collection, for this Apple has me as a loyal customer at least for now.

Someone told me once that a martini is just a shot in a fancy glass

Pfffffft

And this is how you get to the hallowed 5K post level......

Or you could start some threads about Big Houses, Being Snippy, Mike Holmgren, Darwin or fireworks and you'll get there ;)

everyone else seems to have their stuff, phones, headphones, ipads, etc.

.....................  they seem to be what the kids want.

yea, same here, except I owned 2 iPhones before throwing in the towel, and trying the Android route. So far, so good with Android... not quite a year and this time I opted for the monthly insurance shaft. First time in my life I purchase insurance for a phone or anything the like.

Only gripe with Android is their slow-asss response-time to updates. Since Android is Google based, Google's phones are always the first-in-line to get updates. Thankfully Samsung supplies a huge number of Android devices, so their usually 2nd or 3rd in line.

• Like 1

Only gripe with Android is their slow-asss response-time to updates.
The OEMs all get the Android update at the same time. The trouble is this: Some makers use HUGE wrappers around the stock Android in order to provide (what the OEM thinks) is a "better experience." That means new code has to be written for an OEM update. Many just don't have the resources to crank the code. Some do it quickly on snome models but not others. It's a real PITA though to have to wait. My Samsung Tab4 just got the 5.1 update - nice! But my Alcatel phone hasn't got it yet, and may never get it because it was only $100 bones.

Pfffffft

Or you could start some threads about Big Houses, Being Snippy, Mike Holmgren, Darwin or fireworks and you'll get there ;)

Well gee Carl, I didn't realize that you were keeping track.....my apologies

If they figure out a way to get games on the apple TV (which I think they will do with the apps) it will be pretty cool, way better than Kodi.  Can you imagine if Nintendo made a deal with Apple and used the Apple TV as a console, they'd make a fortune just off of the vintage games.  No new software no hardware just a decent emulator...

I can't see the value in that.  We played the games through TV's years ago only because it meant you did not need to incur the expense of purchasing a dedicated monitor for the gaming device.  These days, however, the separation is complete.  We don't even watch TV through TV's nearly as much as we used to do. 

Edited by Jeff Matthews

Pfffffft

Well gee Carl, I didn't realize that you were keeping track.....my apologies

No problem, I enjoy your posts.

I'm still trying to figure out why you need an Apple cell phone to make the Apple watch function.

JJK

Probably, it uses Bluetooth.  The watch is a microphone, and the cell phone is the control module.

So I imagine that if you were in a group of a thousand people all with Apple phones and Apple cell phones you would need special codes to keep from jamming each other.

JJK

The OEMs all get the Android update at the same time.

Actually they don't, not at all. But it really doesn't matter. I'm happy with my Samsung, and if it last beyond 14 months, (5 1/2 months to go), it will have out lasted either of my 2 iPhones.

Even little developers can have the update when it's first out. I suppose if an OEM, doesn't ask for it, they won't get it, but Google wants all developers to move forward on each new release.

Small developers are why the app store has 600,000 apps. Same is true of Apple and MS.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Even little developers can have the update when it's first out. I suppose if an OEM, doesn't ask for it, they won't get it, but Google wants all developers to move forward on each new release.

Small developers are why the app store has 600,000 apps. Same is true of Apple and MS.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Good point.  I hear so many people fuss about the latest stuff being full of bugs, etc., but what seems never to be realized by them is that this is the way it is supposed to be.  You will always have the pioneers who aren't afraid to tackle a new problem.  They just want to be ahead of the curve and on top of the latest fashion.  They will uncover bugs and find ways around them (and even uninstall, if they must).  

These people, the naysayers call, "unwitting beta-testers."  Call them what you will; these are the pioneers.  This is how you get mass feedback from the masses.  Feedback from the masses can be infinitely more valuable than the type you get from small control groups - especially ones which are employees of the developer.

If you don't want to be a pioneer and you want "safe and secure" computing, then, that's fine.  I tend to be that way, too.  But don't fault the developers and pioneers for doing what they do.  These people help bring great, time-tested stuff to us.