Where'd my sound stage go?

Jim

Now onto trying to refinish them.

What is the best way to get the bubbling removed in order to redo the veneer? I'm assuming the plywood/mdf is the major issue and any sanding will pretty much remove the thin layer of veneer and I will most likely have to redo them.

I may only need to do the tops,as the sides look fine. The risers are a little beat up also, but I'm contemplating making larger risers as some on here have done.

44 posts for a miss connecton?  

Please do not fix your car/tranportation system your self.  :wub:

I'm sorry this does not meet your criteria for a thread needed.

If you are going to make replies like this, at least spell check before doing it.

Also, I don't understand what a miss connecton is either. Was that your English teacher or something? Could it be you meant something different? And

if you followed all 44 posts you would have seen that it was not my issue, but an issue from where the crossovers came from.

I will promise not to take up your precious time again, if you promise to learn how to spell.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, did we ever determine that the white spot was the positive side?

Yes, white was the positive. I thought it was also after opening the front up and checking the wires. The squawker originally had the yellow as positive, and also had the white spot on it.

Bob was the one who told me to check his crossover as it might have been wired incorrectly by their end accidentally. That was the issue.

He's just messing with you Jim, Mach is good people.

He's just messing with you Jim, Mach is good people.

That's how I took it too.  Any statement with an emoji normally isn't too serious.

Got it moving forward.

Issue fixed. One of the set of wires coming from the crossover itself was backwards on the crossover itself.

Thank You all for the input.

Ok great news! So now the question, how do you like the improvement ? I have a pair of Forte II's also, and thinking about doing the same upgrade.

There's definitely a difference in them with all 3 drivers. S's are extremely crisp. Bass thumps more, mids are super clear. Definitely don't need as much

power to drive them with new crossovers. But they seem just a tad bright for me. I will mess around with placement and toeing.

Will check back with you Bossman in a few days after playing with them.

Any luck with speaker placement?

Bossman,

The issue was with my laptop and EQ. It was set at something and I reset it. They sound fine now.

One of the things you can try is either using an Aluminum diaphram,or the Titanium if you haven't fixed the issue yet.

Jim