Do NOT, I Repeat, Do NOT go to Ohm Speakers web site

twistedcrankcammer

Hey everyone!

Like Many here, I belong to several other audio sites as well.

On a Vintage Audio Page I belong to on Facebook, a member scooped up some used Ohm brand speakers, so I visited the Ohm Speaker home web page to check out their specs.

These Jack Holes somehow automatically attached something in my facebook, and now, almost everything I open in facebook has a little saying "Don't Buy Ugly Speakers" with an arrow under it that takes you directly to their home page.

I have emailed these Jack Holes direct email on their home site twice that I want this to stop, and they have not responded to me and it is still happening.

I intend to make EVERYONE I can aware of these Jerks on ALL Audio Pages I follow!

Roger

The issue isn't with Ohm speakers. Your web browsing is tracked via cookies/etc, and websites such as Facebook use that data to present ads which are relevant to your current browsing habits. Companies buy ad space within that advertising platform and so they get a saturated presence in your attention span.

Install an ad blocker plugin for your browser and you won't see those ads in Facebook. Or clear your browsing history/cookies for an immediate quick fix. 

Either way, there's not nefarious at play it's just modern advertising tactics.

Thats why I use https://duckduckgo.com

Read This

https://duckduckgo.com/privacy

For the nth time, facebook is evil.

I couldn't agree more.  I joined several years ago to keep up with my kids but have never posted.  I seen egoism, harassment, bullying and overall general stupidity rampant on the site.  Total waste of bandwidth.

no facebook for me... dont need to keep up with the crazies of my former life. You guys are bad enough.
  • Like 1

For the nth time, facebook is evil.

I couldn't agree more.  I joined several years ago to keep up with my kids but have never posted.  I seen egoism, harassment, bullying and overall general stupidity rampant on the site.  Total waste of bandwidth.

no facebook for me... dont need to keep up with the crazies of my former life. You guys are bad enough.

Same here...My personal life is MINE....If you can call this forum a form of social networking "It isnt listed here http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/social-networking-websites than I'm guilty of it.