Keep or Sell K-55-M, and K-77 Drivers?

Wolfbane

Keep them if they are original. You're two mid horns and two woofers away from a pair of Cornscalas.   You never know when you my be able to pick up the missing items for cheap. Besides they are worth the same today as they will be 5 years from now.

If you have to ask then I would keep them for now.  

Logic, when women are involved, is not always an option. ;)

Then obviously whatever you do will be wrong!

Keep them if they are original. You're two mid horns and two woofers away from a pair of Cornscalas.   You never know when you my be able to pick up the missing items for cheap. Besides they are worth the same today as they will be 5 years from now.

I'm also, so far, hanging on to a pair of Crites' A/4500 XO's that have been replaced by Type AA's. Then there's the NOS Klipsch Woofer that I acquired when I purchased my now gone and still lamented Cornwall's.

A former Prussian King called Frederick said "he who defends everything... defends nothing". I'm guessing that I may be exceeding the bounds of 'everything' Klipsch here.  :)

Sell em, sell em all.....if you really "need" anything in the next few years, there is no doubt in my mind that you'll be able to find it, either here, CL, the bay or elsewhere.  Put your money into upgrades, or updates....not spare parts.  

Been thinking about this for the last couple days. I think I will sell the driver's and hold onto the XO's and the K-33. I'm more likely able to find Klipsch Driver's easily then the XO's and replacement Klipsch Woofer. The woman that patrols the places where I tend to store things will be happy to see two boxes go out the door in exchange for the two boxes that came in recently.

So, if I read this correctly, you liked the AA's in your Belle's better than the 4500's?  Are they new AA's or refreshed AA's?  Just wondering....

My AA XO's are both not new and not refreshed. There were made by one of the XO builder's here 'a few years back' for another Forum Member here, who subsequently sold them (via the Garage Sale) to me. I believe the seller also sold his Belle's separately here as well.

I still have one Belle running with the Type A/4500 and the other running the Type AA XO's. They have two different K-55's in them too.

I am just too busy with work right now but hope to have the 2nd Belle upgraded this weekend.

Edited by Wolfbane