Any Militaria type collectors here ? I found something

joessportster

^ That's actually what this project will end up ultimately being.

The paper theory was presented to me during a lecture I heard during my freshman year at MU, where they indicated the strongest theses are the ones that are developed throughout ones intra-academic career. I'll be starting this one 2 years late, but I also plan on running through all of the breaks to do it.

To validate information, you have to find some additional correspondence. You can use the tape materials as a primary, but you either need several corresponding primaries or at least a couple supporting secondary. God knows I'm a pro when it comes to finding those sources too.

I belong to OAH, and participate in their History Preservation Project too. We just don't have a repository here, so I retain the items in my own archive. Most of what I own right now that are HPP are pieces of American Literature, and some local historical documents.

Very cool! History is a degree that many seem to overlook, simply because they believe all you can do is teach. There's a lot more to it, and when you go through the graduate programs, you become an unstoppable force in academia really. MU had their own slogan for the history department and they took it quite seriously (sadly the other departments did not), that started "We're the reasons you're never forgotten" and ended with "we remember so you will."

Gotta take the oath!

You will see IOWA with a tm for trade mark, or at least I do.  Then a St. A followed by Maryville Saints.  The tm usually in legal terms defines the end of the trademark, but jeez why am I wasting my time here? 

I have no idea why you're wasting your time on this other than it's 11:27 and we're all here wasting time. I'm just screwing with "The Kid" LOL

Mark

• Like 1

If we're talking sewing and its seems to be leaning that way I threw out a great insult a little while back and it really seemed to strike a nerve

Why don't you get that thing sewed shut, we never use it anyway""

Is that insulting enough?

Reply before the mods wake up and shut this thread down

Mark

I'm using that sometime. </offtopic>

If anything...I'd at least like to see if I can get a copy of the tape, Joe. :)

I will see what the museum says since I already contacted them.  I am not sure what they will say, this is not a small project, there is a total of 1200 cassette tapes covering the span of the BB life,  I dont know exactly how many cover his time in WW2.  I am willing to separate the ww2 tapes out but it will take some time in sure they seem to be labeled pretty well

I noticed 1 thing while listening BB is reading from a journal (cassettes were not in existance during WW2 / Korea) They seem to be in good shape and play fine

I have no desire to attempt to copy these and would happily donate them for a good cause