Bun Warmer question (if you're knowledgeable on plumbing, read on)

Coytee

I'm on a well (over 100 gallons/minute flow).

100 gallons a minute! Is that a typo? 10 gallons a minute maybe. 

100 gallons a minute is over 1.5 gallons per second. That's a lot of water.

Yeah, I'm talking about the recovery rate of the well underground.  Seems when they hit water, it came gushing out the top of the drilling rig like a wild oil rig gone amuck.  Recovery rate of the well is actually a bit over 100 gallons/minute and, I have 90' of water above my pump.  I doubt I've ever put a dent into the water height from anything I've done.  (edited to add)  I happen to live in an area where there is/was an underground spring.  This spring water used to flow into the river (on a hill) and they had a water wheel spinning on it.  (this is 50 or more years ago).  Today, there's a lake thanks to a dam so all this is now under water.  We're guessing they hit the underground spring when they hit our well.  Uncle in law next door and father in law two doors down have a well refill rate of something like 5 or 10 gallons/minute.  Just amazes me the difference 400 feet can make!!

My flow into the house (as best I could calculate with a measuring cup, bucket and stopwatch) is approaching 30 gallons/minute.

Water access isn't one of my concerns.  I was told I could supply something like 15 houses on my single well.

That's awesome. 30 gallons a minute is a very strong well/pump.

I bought Grohe fixtures and they are all 3/4" input.  They all had little restrictor pieces in them but those mysteriously disappeared during installation...  :huh:

(I think they're made in Germany?)

All I know is it cost me a small fortune to get the oil rubbed bronze that the wife wanted.

I don't think I have any flow restriction on the well itself.

As I recall, the well bottom is around 400 feet down.  Water level is 300'.  Pump is 10' off the bottom.  Casing is (I think) six inches.  Flow is 103 or 107 gpm as per my installation report that was registered with whomever they register those things with.  I don't recall the HP of my pump but, once I actually realized what we had, I was a bit miffed that we didn't install a larger pump and perhaps a larger pipe (or a second pump higher up for lawn use).  I think but am not sure, that they used 3/4" pipe into the house although they might have used 1".  At the location where I can see it (pressure tank), I think it's 3/4".  It is definately 3/4" coming OUT of the tank because that is where I took over for the downstairs project.

When my pump or pressure tank give out, I'm going to probably install a larger pressure tank.  As it is, when we lose power (about once a week), if it doesn't come on pretty quick, we essentially have three flushes (now four with the new bathroom) before we run out of water.  A larger pressure tank might give a drink of water or two.

Look at a Grundfos pump system which can be purchased with it's own pressure regulator to take advantage of the flow that you have out of your well. Instead of a larger pressure tank, you may want to look at a storage tank that will supply you with the volume of water that you want. When you're ready to do something, I can hook you up with my main well driller to point you in the right direction.