Recommendation for decent DAC?

jimjimbo

Hey kids, I need a decent DAC to put in between a laptop/phone and a vintage HK-730 receiver in my home office.  Will be sending on to a pair of Cornwalls/Heresy.  Don't need anything exotic or expensive.  If anyone has a used unit they'd like to sell, I would certainly be interested, but also looking for simple recommendations.

From what I have heard the audioquest Dragonfly is the best bang for your buck.

I have one of these with an upgraded Amperex tube and love mine. Its not as well known but I really enjoy the sound. It looks great on your desk too.

http://www.amazon.com/Aune-T1-Generation-Amplifier-Decoder/dp/B00A2QJMRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452264493&sr=8-1&keywords=aune+t1

I have been very satisfied with the HRT Music Streamers.....have both the III and II+....like $169 and $249, respectively.  The III was my first DAC.....very satisfied, so I bought the II+ for another setup.  I have no experience with other DACs.

Hogfan

Everyone defines decent differently. I bought my kids cheap little Behringer units for around $25 (UCA202) to hook their computers to their stereo systems and they sound quite decent to me. Actually I think they sound down right amazing considering the cost.