Question about PWK pie logo

dtel

• Moderators

Kind of found somewhat of an answer, but not when he actuialy designed it. I think it was in the book which I can't seem to find.

:" Finally, even the traditional Klipsch PWK logo contains Biblical meaning. The seven arcs connecting the “V” represent sound waves emanating from a corner. The number seven* was chosen because it has repeated significance in the Bible…in particular from Genesis 41, the seven good years and seven lean years. This prophesy allowed Pharaoh to weather the coming famine.

Many feel that science and religion are mutually exclusive. PWK definitely did not.

*While there is no proof, it is interesting to speculate how these numbers applied to PWK. Paul had seven “good” years in Houston working in the oil prospecting industry (1934-1941). The PWK logo was first used in our literature in 1955, which happens to be seven years after he established a manufacturing facility (1948). Those were pretty “lean” years. However, there was also a seven year stretch between these two that could be considered “lean”."

It was used from around 1963 to 1975 (Primarily a black pie with gold trim but there was also a clear one with gold trim held on with two small brad nails) when the change over to the striated copper badge took over, then in 1978 I believe they went to the solid copper & black text badge.  Prior to 1963 a small acrylic badge with Klipsch etched into it was used on the Heresy & Cornwall.  The Klipsch had an acrylic badge with Klipschorn in cursive on it which is the inspiration behind the logo's on the 70th anniversary edition speakers.

Edited by Frzninvt