Klipschorn Crossovers

BMWM5

A year ago or so I purchased a pair of Crites Crossovers for a pair of K-Horns manufactured in 1985.  A few weeks ago I purchased a second pair of K-Horns and would like to upgrade the original AK-3 Crossovers w/Crites.  I do not however want to drop another $375.00 on a second pair of crossovers.

Can anybody provide me with the exact components Crites uses right down to the capacitor holders, transformers, capacitors, & terminals used.  If I know the exact models of each item on the board, I can easily duplicate the crossovers and save $$$$.  I'd also like to know where I can purchase them. Thank you.

Well, you could always send Bob an email, and ask him to send you a list of all of the exact components he uses and where to get them (which probably wouldn't be very polite), or, failing that, you could do your own research and figure it out.  Or, better yet, you could purchase an upgrade kit from Bob, which includes the components that are recommended to be replaced, and which is less expensive than purchasing an entire new set of crossovers.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices-crossover_repair_kit.html

Edited by jimjimbo

A year ago or so I purchased a pair of Crites Crossovers for a pair of K-Horns manufactured in 1985.  A few weeks ago I purchased a second pair of K-Horns and would like to upgrade the original AK-3 Crossovers w/Crites.  I do not however want to drop another $375.00 on a second pair of crossovers.

Can anybody provide me with the exact components Crites uses right down to the capacitor holders, transformers, capacitors, & terminals used.  If I know the exact models of each item on the board, I can easily duplicate the crossovers and save $$$$.  I'd also like to know where I can purchase them. Thank you.

I find this question to be very ungraceful.

BMW is asking us to do all the work to undermine Bob's efforts and commercial interests.

As mentioned by others, Bob's products are very reasonably priced and he deserves the fruits of his labor.

If BMW wants to work at it, he deserves what he accomplishes, too, of course.

It is abhorrent that BMW asks us to help screw Bob, and also doesn't want to do the leg work himself.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD
  • Like 1

I had hoped to have made that clear in my post number three....

Jim, you did. I think you were too polite. I did sense mild sarcasm.

I'm just annoyed that BMW is coming in here and asking us to undermine Bob's good work.

Edit: BMW wants to steal Bob's work, but he doesn't want to do it himself but rather asks us to do it for him.

That is how I see it. And I don't like it at all.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD
  • Like 1

I had hoped to have made that clear in my post number three....

Jim, you did. I think you were too polite. I did sense mild sarcasm.

I'm just annoyed that BMW is coming in here and asking us to undermine Bob's good work.

Edit: BMW wants to steal Bob's work, but he doesn't want to do it himself but rather asks us to do it for him.

That is how I see it. And I don't like it at all.

WMcD

Absolutely agree. Haven't seen BMW back, so we're good.

Why not just ask Crites for his design schematics, Bills of Materials, Vendor list, lab notes, and Testing procedures? I'm sure he'd be interested in your request.

Edited by jo56steph74

A year ago or so I purchased a pair of Crites Crossovers for a pair of K-Horns manufactured in 1985. A few weeks ago I purchased a second pair of K-Horns and would like to upgrade the original AK-3 Crossovers w/Crites. I do not however want to drop another $375.00 on a second pair of crossovers.

Can anybody provide me with the exact components Crites uses right down to the capacitor holders, transformers, capacitors, & terminals used. If I know the exact models of each item on the board, I can easily duplicate the crossovers and save $$$$. I'd also like to know where I can purchase them. Thank you.

Why not just ask Crites for his design schematics, Bills of Materials, Vendor list, lab notes, and Testing procedures? I'm sure he'd be interested in your request.

you're not the sharpest nail in the box, are you?

As you have noticed, the folk here appreciate the Crites' family business and the family. It's a small business, American made, very ethical, and not getting rich doing this. It would be great to know you support them as we do.

Don't feel like folks here are trying to beat you to a pulp. They are simply defending a needed resource, and on top of that a smart and ethical businessman and engineer.

A year ago or so I purchased a pair of Crites Crossovers for a pair of K-Horns manufactured in 1985. A few weeks ago I purchased a second pair of K-Horns and would like to upgrade the original AK-3 Crossovers w/Crites. I do not however want to drop another $375.00 on a second pair of crossovers.

Can anybody provide me with the exact components Crites uses right down to the capacitor holders, transformers, capacitors, & terminals used. If I know the exact models of each item on the board, I can easily duplicate the crossovers and save $$$$. I'd also like to know where I can purchase them. Thank you.

you're not the sharpest nail in the box, are you?
Just sharp enough to know when to when a good man is about to get his hard work um, liberated.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk