P 39F on ebay no reserve auction

ClintonH

I see this all the time. They target the B&W 800 and 802's constantly. It is 100% a scam. They usually hack into a legitimate account with positive feedback. Then they try to make a deal outside of eBay.

You'd think what's the point, who'd be stupid enough to fall for it. Well.. Years ago my sister was looking to buy a pinball machine for her son. She negotiated a deal with a guy. She ended up asking friends if anyone else was interested, since it was around Christmas. Two other people went in. She was buying 3 pinball machines now for $12,000.

Long story short.. Apparently who she was dealing with was legitimate. His account was hacked. They messaged her about sending the money through western union and she did it. The real seller messaged her a couple days later about payment. All trying to get a better deal, she ended up eating the full amount for the friends orders too.

Good news!  They are back again:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-P-39F-Floorstanding-Speakers-/272123248904?

Needless to say, it's not my auction and I have no affiliation with it.  I do have an ebay alert setup for Klipsch P39f, so it really gets me excited every week when there's a new listing, then I realize it's the same scammers :(

Funny how some sucker bought the legit display pair of P-39f's on ebay from Sound Concepts (the sucker is me) and this scammer flat out copied that ad.  I have the same exact pair that are in the pictured, so I know where they copied the photos from.

Good news!  They are back again:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-P-39F-Floorstanding-Speakers-/272123248904?

Needless to say, it's not my auction and I have no affiliation with it.  I do have an ebay alert setup for Klipsch P39f, so it really gets me excited every week when there's a new listing, then I realize it's the same scammers :(

Funny how some sucker bought the legit display pair of P-39f's on ebay from Sound Concepts (the sucker is me) and this scammer flat out copied that ad.  I have the same exact pair that are in the pictured, so I know where they copied the photos from.

Cool they are yours.  I'll be on my way with $3k in cash, looks like we have a deal!

• Like 1

Sorry not my ad though ;)  Here's the original link from the REAL auction I won:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/201493315551?

No one else bid on the real auction, but 26 folks keep bidding on the fake auction go figure!  I should list them for more than I paid, but now I'm afraid of being called a scammer or something.

PS: The guy with the mustache (see first page) is probably Chris.  I talked with him on the phone.  Nice guy, gave me a decent deal and very cheap freight from Arkansas.

Cool they are yours.  I'll be on my way with $3k in cash, looks like we have a deal!

Edited by etc6849