2-way JBL's

Thaddeus Smith

Thise thing pretty nice for the price point.. or are they only selling the lf section?

The ad seems to state that everything is included.

I would wonder about the crossover.

Likewise, it states "new internal crossovers have been installed"

They won't fit next to my TV and my wife hates exposed top ends, so these would end up in my office and I'm right back to where I was with my Cornwall system. It's fun to daydream though..

Looks like a price reduction from a $1750 alert link on 12/6/15.

The comments reveal that the horns may be Asuza type & this listing may've been in the alerts even prior to this Dec posting.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160754-jbls-with-bathroom-sink-horns-1750-fort-worth/

yea, i know they've been listed for a while, and $1500 is well within the realm of reasonable.. msrp on the HF drivers alone is $1600/pr. I'm still toying with the idea of a higher end pair of Audeze headphones - smaller footprint and I can keep/use that rig in the main house. or i just need to tweak my listening schedule to better accommodate the family.

At that price point, however, I could buy a lot of good Klipsch options.

annnnnnd... what's your opinion on them? :P

With my JLB 2441 drivers:

Golden on vocals and the simple music I mostly prefer. Probably the best I have ever heard at that. Not as enjoyable for me with busy rock and roll type sound tracks. I'm using steep active crossovers.

Comparing the Klipsch industrials to those JBLs: I would expect the JBL mids to be superior.  I would expect the Klipsch bottoms to be better for me because I prefer a fully horn loaded speaker arrangement. 

As always, there is compromise in there somewhere.

Edited by JL Sargent

Just heard back from the seller. They have the factory stock networks with the 800Hz crossover, though he did play with a second set of networks at one point which dropped that down to 500Hz. He ultimately preferred the OEM's. He also confirmed that the horns are Jabo KH55's.

annnnnnd... what's your opinion on them? :P

With my JLB 2441 drivers:

Golden on vocals and the simple music I mostly prefer. Probably the best I have ever heard at that. Not as enjoyable for me with busy rock and roll type sound tracks. I'm using steep active crossovers.

Comparing the Klipsch industrials to those JBLs: I would expect the JBL mids to be superior.  I would expect the Klipsch bottoms to be better for me because I prefer a fully horn loaded speaker arrangement. 

As always, there is compromise in there somewhere.

Good info - thanks for sharing those impressions.