SOLD H.H. Scott 222c refurbed by NOS Valves $750.00

The Dude

I am going forth with selling my Scott. Its a great integrated stereo, I just need to sell it ( well don't need to, just think its my best option) to fund other audio adventures.

Up for sale is a H.H. Scott 222c refurbished by NOSvalves, roughly two years ago. There are a couple slight issues. One is that the volume seems to faint in the right channel. Until i turn the knob past the 12 oclock position. Then it comes in fine. I will try some deoxit on it this afternoon and see what happens. Second i chipped one of the bias knobs when i first received it. However you are still able the bias it just fine with pliers. Replacing it shouldn't be to complex, if you are handy with a soldering iron.

Asking $750.00 O.B.O. plus shipping. Located in Omaha, NE where local pick up is always welcome.

pm me with questions or reasonable offer.

Edited by The Dude

That is a good deal IMHO that bias control chip is no big deal at all. 5 dollar and 3 wire connections to resolder or use as is..The volume control most likely needs a squirt of deoxit. In my opinion the controls, switches, tube sockets, I/O jacks should all be cleaned every couple years.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great deal! I can't believe that nobody has jumped at this offer...the Scott looks to be in great condition cosmetically and it was restored by Nos Valves...good luck with your sale...if anyone wants to try out a scott, this is a great price

• Like 1

What a great deal! I can't believe that nobody has jumped at this offer...the Scott looks to be in great condition cosmetically and it was restored by Nos Valves...good luck with your sale...if anyone wants to try out a scott, this is a great price

Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Here are some pics.

ba0b7caa29d776c0820d563c31aa6d70.jpg

9e5246467acf3ad894ba4836b3454338.jpg

0a7a039a4cea9be0075193196b71788f.jpg

Tubes that are included are 4 of Sovtek el84m power tubes, quantity 2 of 12ax7 from E.H. for the phono section. Quantity 2 of 12ax7s from JJ for the line stage. Sorry i dont recal the rectifier and splitter tubes.

I can switch out the E.H.s for JJs if you prefer.

• Like 1

Here are some pics.

ba0b7caa29d776c0820d563c31aa6d70.jpg

9e5246467acf3ad894ba4836b3454338.jpg

0a7a039a4cea9be0075193196b71788f.jpg

Tubes that are included are 4 of Sovtek el84m power tubes, quantity 2 of 12ax7 from E.H. for the phono section. Quantity 2 of 12ax7s from JJ for the line stage. Sorry i dont recal the rectifier and splitter tubes.

I can switch out the E.H.s for JJs if you prefer.

All this needs is a wood sleeve and you've got a great sounding amp to tube roll, listen to, etc.  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did say I am open to trades.  Such as a pair of decent bookshelf speakers and an Ashly protea 3.24 or 3.6.  Or how about a McIntosh MC2505, or how about a pair of nice bookshelf speakers and a Bryston 2b-lp, or even a nice pair of bookshelf speakers and a Crown K2 or any heavy hitting fanless crown power amp that could be used for a sub amp.   Just saying, maybe those will spark some interest.

Edited by The Dude