An audio blast from the past..

NOSValves

I kind of had a rude awakening this morning proving to me the more we travel in this hobby the little we actually improve... My 9 year old grandson that has been living with us for the last years was doing so exceptionally good in school that I decided to do a major overhaul on his bedroom about a month ago with a big screen TV for Xbox and TV, I also decided the kid loves music so why not put some of my spare speakers that I seem to refuse to get rid of along with a trouble free Kenwood KA-5001 SS integrated amplifier and Scott tube tuner.. Since the room is only 10' X 11' I decided it was the perfect place for my very first Klipsch Heritage speakers! 1984 Heresy! I enjoyed these immensely early on in my klipsch audio travels and remember saying many times those little speakers do something special that large speakers just can no do! 

I woke up this morning about 4:30 for some reason. Sat on the couch for about a 1/2 hour deciding if I could get back to sleep and decided against it. Made a nice pot of Swedish Skanerost coffee (thanks for turning me onto Paul). My grandson is at his mom's for a visit this weekend and I decided I go in there and listen to the Heresy's.....  

All I can say is Heresy's in a  small room are spectacular! I spent 3 1/2 hours listening through tons of my music collection. My wife briefly got up at 6:30 took one look at me and said your a nut job! I said yea but you love me! 

Cheers! 

• Like 7

All I can say is Heresy's in a  small room are spectacular!

I could not agree more.  They sound great in a 13L x 13W x 10H room also.  Thumpy, detailed, accurate, big.

I feel the say way about my HII's.

Thanks for taking us down memory lane.

Bill

I use my Heresies with my Scott 222c in a 10x10 room. That sound is magical. Ots the reason i have a hard time understanding why people need a sub with Heresies.

Sometimes its nice to keep things simple.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Have to love the old Kenwood KA-5001. Super nice looking and built like a tank, hang on to that one for sure.

I actually have a few very late 60's to early 70's Kenwood SS gear. KA-5001, KA-6000 and a KA-7002. I also have a really good matching KT-7001 Tuner. I even have a really rare pair of optional full wood cabinets.. Bought most ofbtge stuf for $20 each at an estate sale ;)

Kenwood never gets the credit they are do...for SS they make great gear! For the most part I've never cared for the tube gear they made.

Heck I even have a complete Kenwood system in the GMC truck. Sounds great for a car system

• Like 1

Our tv room is a former attached garage, approx. 20x20 with 10 foot ceilings. We use the Heresy IIs for the tv audio, and it sounds really good in that room Great imaging, although I will admit to using a compressor on it so the dialog stays up. We did have a karaoke matching hooked up as Filipinos love that, and I started using the compressor to make sure they didn't blow anything up.  :unsure:  btw, I absolutely love my wife and it isn't a criticism, it's just the way things are.

Bruce