Anyone use an Apple TV?

fuzzydog

I have one that I mostly use to airplay spotify to my 2 channel rig. They are great if you have a lot of digital content that you own (movies, music etc) Like everything apple if you have the apple ecosystem they integrate seamlessly. Also mine has a digital out so I can hook it to my Dacmagic. I don't even have a TV for mine lol.

• Moderators

I use an Apple Airport Express in my 2ch setup since I don't have a TV in the living room. Airport Express is just for audio, AppleTV streams audio and video.

I've even used the AppleTV to show photos from my phone on the big screen say after a vacation.

I have two of them that are in my kids' rooms but they only use them for Netflix and PlexTV to be able to watch the DVD's on my server.  I have a Roku3 in the master bedroom and an Amazon Fire Stick (running Kodi) that can both access Sling TV where the Apple TV can't. I just have them becasue we had leftover Apple TV 2's after the school I'm at quit using them because they had issues when they were too close and they just didn't really work great for education.

Edited by avguytx

I have Apple TV in my theater. You are right you don't get a bunch beyond directv, Hulu, etc. I have streamed FaceTime calls thru it however so everyone doesn't have to cram into a phone or iPad to see. Also since you can mirror your iPad thru Apple TV you can stream videos, movies, etc.