Interesting acquisition!

Rivervalleymgb

i find this kinda odd.

http://www.techhive.com/article/3064824/consumer-electronics/bowers-wilkins-is-the-trophy-acquisition-of-a-startup-with-high-end-audio-ambitions.html

Bowers & Wilkins is the trophy acquisition of a startup with high-end audio ambitions

In an unusual deal, a 40-person startup run by a former Facebook executive has swallowed a 1,100-person company that has been around for half a century

Edited by Rivervalleymgb

"Eva was founded to develop high-quality multiroom A/V products that would be easy to use and set up and be controlled from a single integrated interface, Yu told TWICE. That continues to be Eva’s goal, but Eva decided it could “accelerate our mission” by partnering with a “more established super-high-quality brand,” Yu explained. “We can’t do it alone as a stand-alone start-up company” because of competition in the CE industry, he said. Yu said he talked “to a lot” of audio companies in the process of choosing a partner."

http://www.twice.com/news/audio/bowers-wilkins-purchased-eva-automation/61393

Maybe a sign of things to come?

I would say this is very likely a sign of things to come.  I say this coming from the middle of a merger/acquisition of my employer by a former competitor in our industry.  prior to the blockbuster announcement in Nov 2015, we as employees had thought our company was likely too big to be bought out.  but it was not so.  many feel our CEO sold us out.

while that may not happen, more & more companies are being bought up by others, and as 'they' say, ever man has his price.  while Klipsch could hold out for a very long time, it could also be that some deep pocketed suitor comes along and continues to apply the pressure and the cash to make a holdout increasingly hard to resist.

just my $.02 worth.  ymmv.  but yes, it is the way business seems to work these days.  the real question is 'how closely will it affect who you work for, or a brand with whom you LOVE doing business with?'

Saw that on the AVS forum. The new owner has been listening to B&W speakers for a while.

Must have been listening to them since his 20's....because he's only 45 years old :)  - which is truly possible, why not - he's a Billionaire!!!!! 

while Klipsch could hold out for a very long time, it could also be that some deep pocketed suitor comes along and continues to apply the pressure and the cash to make a holdout increasingly hard to resist.

Klipsch was already purchased by VOXX Corporation (2011). Klipsch continues to make wonderful products and grow!

Bruce

while Klipsch could hold out for a very long time, it could also be that some deep pocketed suitor comes along and continues to apply the pressure and the cash to make a holdout increasingly hard to resist.

Klipsch was already purchased by VOXX Corporation (2011). Klipsch continues to make wonderful products and grow!

Bruce

true.  and that's awesome that Voxx has apparently allowed Klipsch to continue to do what they do best - make awesome products and continue to grow the brand & the company/division/whatever

Who's gonna buy Voxx? Will they give a sh*& about Klipsch?

"There are no countries anymore Mr Beale only corporations"

and this is the exact point I was trying to make.  it seems obvious that Voxx DOES give a sttt about Klipsch - look at the results since 2011.  that should be plain to see.

but, on the other hand, couldn't someone like a Warren Buffet, or an Apple, Microsoft, etc come in & buy Voxx out?  I think they could if they set their mind to it.  hopefully that will not happen, but I think that exact play becomes more & more common in the business world today.

another example:  look at the deal being discussed among Marriott & Starwood.  now, in this case, IDK exactly how big these guys are, but I do know they both are major players in their industries.  I wouldn't have thought them coming together.

another example, in timber - look up Plum Creek Timber & Weyerhaeuser.  look what came to pass there.  arguably 2 of the biggest players in timber, one taking over the other.