Emotiva Amps That Pair Well with Heritage Series Speakers

jayu969

Hey Jay, I have several different Klipsch Heresies and I find that both the XPA-1 mono blocks and the XPA-2 stereo amps work really well with them. Personally if you can find them I would suggest the XPR line, and abundance of clean power and very nice sound. I have also heard good things about the XPA-1L but I have never owned those.

Tim

You ask, I tell. I currently have an XPA-5 that works well in HT mode with Belles. If you want something cleaner in 2 channel with Belles go elsewhere.

I had XPA-1 monos with the Belles and that was BAD due to gain idle noise.

With that said why do you you think you need all that power with Klipsch? I did it as an experiment; it failed where big power from Yamaha and McIntosh worked but lower power but better build sounded better.

• Like 1

I think it depends wildly on which amps and which speakers. The XPR's I've heard will marry just about anything you put them on, while the XPA's and UPA's can be finicky. That being said, the Mini that Tasdom mentioned has gotten pretty decent feedback, and I know of at least several members here using them to power speakers from the Reference line to the Heritage line.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. I am new to the forum, but not to Klipsch.  I have owned my hereseys since I bought them new in 1985.  About time to rebuild the crossovers.  I use an Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 along with the XSP-1 preamp.  The combination sounds flat out wonderful.  The Hereseys have never sounded better, and I have had some pretty good gear (parasound, Rotel, Quad).  The 300 watts in the XPA-1 really play to the Heresey's strengths. 

If you can find a good deal on a UPA amp buy it, more than enough power to drive them to INSANE levels.

With that being said I sold my UPA's and got a XPA-5 and a XPA-2 and am very happy with the change. Have never driven them past maybe 10 watts but love the headroom.