KLF-30's Outdoors...

SWL

I've got my basement system, partially modified KLF-30's outside for the first time ever today. Hooked up to a fully restored, 60 watt Marantz Model 30 integrated and I am so impressed. Man, do these things sing outdoors.

I've got a feeling the 500 watt Crown K2 will be seeing some action tonight as well. The new neighbors that moved in a few months ago.....well, all I can say is 'Welcome to the neighborhood!'

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The Marantz stayed hooked up for the whole party yesterday and I gotta say.....I've never gotten so many compliments on how good the sound was. It reminded me of when my uncle introduced me to the 30's years ago. He had his in a very large listening room (a full size, finished basement) and they have such a more open, musical, acoustical type of sound when they're allowed to breathe in a larger area. Again, a reminder of how the room can be such a limiting factor. 

What a bummer....put my 30s back in my unfinished (all concrete) basement......no bass, sound kinda thin but clean, zero warmth or richness to the sound.

Pretty much the opposite of how they sounded outside.[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Well I thought that because the difference could only be reflections from ceiling, floor and other walls, it must be a tough space to get good sound being unfinished, a lot for sound to bounce off of.