"I Asked Eighth Graders Fifteen Questions About Music..."

Chris A

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0616/Eighth_Graders_Fifteen_Questions_About_Music.htm

"Q1: a. How many hours a day do you listen to music?

A1: a. 5 hours, 3 hours, 7 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, and 8 hours.

b. Why do you listen to music instead of doing something else with that time?

b. It keeps me in a happy mood; it helps my emotions; it helps me focus; it cures my boredom; it motivates me; it can change my mood from bad to good.

Q2: What's your favorite kind of music to listen to and why?

A2: Rock and Punk, the Beatles, everything 60's, Alternative, Classical, Rap, happy or original; music lifts me up (classical) or helps me match my mood (punk)."

Chris

• Like 2

I thought it was the best news that I've read today...and the most informative.

Edited by Chris A

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0616/Eighth_Graders_Fifteen_Questions_About_Music.htm

"Q1: a. How many hours a day do you listen to music?

A1: a. 5 hours, 3 hours, 7 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, and 8 hours.

b. Why do you listen to music instead of doing something else with that time?

b. It keeps me in a happy mood; it helps my emotions; it helps me focus; it cures my boredom; it motivates me; it can change my mood from bad to good.

Q2: What's your favorite kind of music to listen to and why?

A2: Rock and Punk, the Beatles, everything 60's, Alternative, Classical, Rap, happy or original; music lifts me up (classical) or helps me match my mood (punk)."

Chris

What a great article to read after all the crap that has recently happened....Thank You for posting :) :)

• Like 1

Music was such a huge part of my life growing up and is still a huge priority in my life.

I have an 11 year old daughter and I have made sure she grows up appreciating what music can add to your life.

Great to see this post.

Pretty much the same here....My favorite introduction was this... :) :) :) :) My two kids 32 and 30 love older rock :)  :)  :) 

• Like 1

Yeah, but.  These questions were put to youths which were in the music program.  What a selective sample.

OTOH, there is no reason to believe that music is not perennial.

It is interesting that their parent appreciated music and exposed them to music. 

The Beatles were well liked.  I'm still not sure this is not the hold over of a monumental fad.  But I could be wrong.  Smile.

WMcD