Olympics 2016

wvu80

6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I must admit; I agree with the suggestion the rule should be changed.  Ironically, if it did, the next thing we'd be complaining about is a "foul" call when a runner just runs so hard, he/she collapses forward at the finish line.  Then, what?  "Was it a dive?"  Or will there be a requirement that the runner must not fall within the first 50 feet past the finish line?

If you're ACROSS the finish line do whatever you must, til then stay on your feet RUNNER. Again just MHO.

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

If you're ACROSS the finish line do whatever you must, til then stay on your feet RUNNER. Again just MHO.

I know.   But you wait and see; there'd be those really tough calls because runners will run until their legs give.  That's what our lady diver did.  Others will do the same, but it won't appear so intentional.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

And the balance beam? The gold medal winner's routine WAS NOT AS DIFFICULT as the other contestants. NONSENSE IMHO.

Bronze was appropriate as our girl grabbed the bar.  The gold medal performance was really good as was ours but I'm not sure what the point value was on either routines prior to deductions.

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Bronze was appropriate as our girl grabbed the bar.  The gold medal performance was really good as was ours but I'm not sure what the point value was on either routines prior to deductions.

I don't know, either, but I specifically recall that, even prior to Simone's turn, they were saying the other girl's routine was really, really tough.  For example, the announcer was gushing about how hard those standing triple-turns were and that it is rare for anyone to even try to do that.  FWIW.

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

She won by a nose, let it go.

(Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports)

By a nose? OK that's what you call that, I did not know:unsure:

What lane is the winner in? 6 or 7? Oh it doesn't matter she won already? Her body is not across the finish line!

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Well, I did find this.

The IAAF rules state that the time of a runner is recorded when the trunk of the body crosses the finish line. 

And WTF does that mean when you are prone and not standing up? And BTW, not in your lane?