Olympics 2016

wvu80

On 8/11/2016 at 10:42 AM, Jeff Matthews said:

It's a little too weird.  Maybe mild autism?

It would make WAY more sense if she was Japanese.  They embrace that kind of stuff over there and girls do weird/cute/dipsy stuff like that on purpose.  Bigger question is why is a Chinese girl acting like that?  It's probably frowned upon by the government.  You go into olympic training over there and it's pretty strict and serious.  

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'm a racquetball player and I think I really will watch the Handball competition if I can find it.  It's the closest thing to something I actually do in my real life that I can relate to.

Im surprised racquetball is not in the Olympics as it is easy to film and great to watch. Racquetball is such an awesomely brutal game too that is almost like fencing and tennis put together. There is nothing better than getting in the sweet spot and flinging the ball around the court making your opponent run around haplessly like the silly, stupid little puppet he is. :lol:

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Just saw the Ethopian woman runner smash a long-standing WR in the 10,000m.  That was cool!  They run roughly 70 second laps, and they do 25 of them.  I doubt I could do one 70 second lap, and I am in very good shape.

You might. Depends on what's chasing you. :P

• Like 1

On 8/10/2016 at 11:08 AM, jimjimbo said:

And you received your psychology degree where?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/sports/olympics/katinka-hosszu-rio-swimming-husband-shane-tusup.html

“I’ve seen a lot of inappropriate and not-O.K. behavior in Shane.”

“I’ve seen coaches exhibit that kind of behavior in training, but this is another level. It’s scary.”

His manner can be brusque. His emotions are on a tripwire, causing some people to keep their distance.

“I think the biggest issue with her is her husband,” he said. “I think you have to look at her motivation. Is it fear or confidence that is driving her?”

After the backstroke, Hosszu avoided making eye contact with Tusup, who upbraided her while swimmers from other teams stared. Tusup continued his critique in the warm-down area, where two people said they overheard him suggesting to Hosszu that she stay in the water and drown. 

19 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/sports/olympics/katinka-hosszu-rio-swimming-husband-shane-tusup.html

“I’ve seen a lot of inappropriate and not-O.K. behavior in Shane.”

“I’ve seen coaches exhibit that kind of behavior in training, but this is another level. It’s scary.”

His manner can be brusque. His emotions are on a tripwire, causing some people to keep their distance.

“I think the biggest issue with her is her husband,” he said. “I think you have to look at her motivation. Is it fear or confidence that is driving her?”

After the backstroke, Hosszu avoided making eye contact with Tusup, who upbraided her while swimmers from other teams stared. Tusup continued his critique in the warm-down area, where two people said they overheard him suggesting to Hosszu that she stay in the water and drown. 

Wow. This guy is a living caricature of the classic frat boy ******-bro. Im surprised the let someone actually dress and act like in such a manner at such a high level sporting event. The guy acts like he is whiskey drunk and just watched State miss a 18 yard field goal.

15 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Anyone see Simon Manuel win gold in the 100m women's freestyle?   What a race!  Phelps in the 200m medley was incredible as well.

yea but i saw your post BEFORE it played out here on the left coast. Dang it... But hey thanks for the warning;)

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

It would make WAY more sense if she was Japanese.  They embrace that kind of stuff over there and girls do weird/cute/dipsy stuff like that on purpose.  Bigger question is why is a Chinese girl acting like that?  It's probably frowned upon by the government.  You go into olympic training over there and it's pretty strict and serious.  

"Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command, your old ways are rapidly aging. Get out of the new world if you can't lend a hand, for the times they are a changing."-- Robert Zimmerman

3 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

A lot of the younger Chinese act like that now, too. It would partly depend on what part of China she was from, but some of the young women my wife taught would/could act pretty silly around foreigners. Still, the young Korean and Japanese women can do the frilly short skirts and blouses that causes western men to have fantasies. :o

22 hours ago, babadono said:

"Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command, your old ways are rapidly aging. Get out of the new world if you can't lend a hand, for the times they are a changing."-- Robert Zimmerman

Man the quote function on my phone is all screwed up.  Sorry for the spoiler.

On 8/12/2016 at 1:30 PM, twk123 said:

Im surprised racquetball is not in the Olympics as it is easy to film and great to watch. Racquetball is such an awesomely brutal game too that is almost like fencing and tennis put together. There is nothing better than getting in the sweet spot and flinging the ball around the court making your opponent run around haplessly like the silly, stupid little puppet he is. :lol:

I prefer to think of it as "a tour of the court."  I like the way you think.  B)

Racquetball was a fad back in the 80's, and then with all the competition for the recreational buck, it has not grown in years.

I look for Pickleball to be the Next Big Thing for the Olympics in 2020.  

500f8b988dc80.preview-620.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Fake cops put a gun to Ryan Lochte's head and robbed him.

That is a weird story.  His coach said nothing happened.  I heard his interview and it sounded legit, but what the heck is going on in Rio?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That is a weird story.  His coach said nothing happened.  I heard his interview and it sounded legit, but what the heck is going on in Rio?

It's not weird.  It's a common gambit there.  The uniforms were a classy touch, usually it's just a normal hold up. 

• Like 1