I Pray

prodj101

that klipsch doesn't screw up with this new line of speakers. I am positive they'll sound good, but none of you can honestly say that asthetics are unimportant to you, or you want a big ugly box in your living room. Almost every speaker company has gone down this road so far except klipsch. That is one of the reasons I like klipsch: Nice clean lines, simple design, and great sound! I absolutly refuse to put something like this in my house http://www.bwspeakers.com/products/gallery/product_details.cfm?object_id=419DBFB4-EF4D-11D3-B01E0000E20E7DA6 . Honestly! there is something to be said about simplicity now adays. I also see it with today's cars, the only car companys that have stuck to a simple look is BMW and VW. Please don't go down the Pontiac Aztec road with this new speaker line!

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

At around $60,000 a pair for those B&W Nautilus, you wont be seeing any of those in my house either! I hear that they sound awesome but geez, at 60 grand? I agree, I like the clean, simple look of the Klipsch.

Also to add - you have to have a seperate amp/channel for each of the 4 drivers. In other words, you have to quad-amp each speaker, thus needing 8 amps/channels just for "two channel" stereo! The cross-over network is a seperate rack component for each speaker. Interesting what you find out from reading the user's manual for some of these products Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 09-08-2002 at 01:17 AM

That speaker looks like one of those strange sea shells.... icon18.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-07-2002 at 10:37 PM

Say what you want,the Nautilus looks gorgeous.The sound is quite simply...sterile.Colorations(AGAIN!)eleiminated by the cabinet(uh shell).

I did not love the sound,imaged like crazy,quite a sound stage.But at the price B&W is asking I can get better speakers for much less...like the Dynaudio Evidence Temptation or Focal Mezzo Utopia.

Klipsch should release the High-End line they scrapped,I am ready to pay if Klipsch dlivers.At least Klipsch should realease one pair of true reference caliber speakers.Full horn loaded design,under 10K.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I aggree, klipsch doesn't really have a flag ship speaker that is absolutly dominant over all other speakers in the line. They need something like the nautiles in their line up.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Ahhhh... The ever dreaded death-ray and aperture probing speaker from hell. Yikes - The aliens have abducted me and they want to INSERT THIS WHERE? NO NO NO NO.... This is not a bad dream...this is not a flashback. This is an aural illusion, I MUST STAY AWAKE! There, that's the TICKET. Calm, Calm, Breathe, We must remember to breathe...No It's not working, The spirals are taking hold. NO NO NO...Bring on the lithium, AHHH Thats better...Hmm I wonder if it comes in birds eye maple?

Obviously this B&W design is something you are either going to love or hate. It is very space age so if you have a modern look I can see that it may well fit in better that a pair of wooden boxes.

On the other hand if you have a more homely look to your listening room that these would stick out like a sore thumb.

Personally I couldnt live with them - however they sound.

On the other hand it is not often that you hear people compliment the Klipsch look for their speakers. Mine are a black box afterall - hardly the last word in design.

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm

quote:

Originally posted by prodj101:

I aggree, klipsch doesn't really have a flag ship speaker that is absolutly dominant over all other speakers in the line. They need something like the nautiles in their line up.

Uh... and what might the Klipschorn be? Chopped liver? Even at $7K, it is still considered a bargain. And the Jubilee is supposed to be even better.

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Talking of the Jubilee I heard from our local distributor that they have arrived.

Hoping to get away at the weekend to take a look - maybe even get a demo (doubt it though - there is no way I can claim any real interest in buying them. Well interest yes, its the funds that are problematic!!

Will get back to you all if I manage to swing it.

MaxG, the nice folks at NickJohn are not telling the whole story. No Jubilees have left the building. The commercial theater version is NOT the same as the product in development for the home.

Do give my best to Mr. Nick. One of my favorite people on the planet.

BobG

BobG,

As soon as you folks tire of dealing with the Italians over that home version Jubilee squawker/tweeter wooden horn, give me a holler...I will make em out of alternating SOLID black walnut and hard maple for you and I bet they will look alot better AND be cheaper than 800 bucks apiece!! Italians are NOT the way to go on this!! Hint, Hint!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages