Going, Going, Gone

bigdnfay

Hi All,

I know this is not the place to peddle merchandise but I wanted to give my fellow Klipschers first crack before they go to ebay. I'll be moving soon to a smaller house and floor space is at a premium so they must go.

A pair of 1974 model C cornerhorns(KC-BW) S/N 6M380 & 6M381. Factory white. All original..no mods. Alnico tweeters and mid,Type AA networks. Pick-up only. $1500.00. Drop me an email for details if anyone is interested.

This message has been edited by bigdnfay on 09-09-2002 at 11:06 AM

Chris was trying to get me to spring for a pair of Khorns months ago and out of curiosity, I did some measurements at my abode. It became painfully clear they wouldnt fit on my right side and would be imposing beasts regardless.

As for the above examples, I have never seen anything like these, especially in factory white, something I didnt even know existed. Shows my ignorance on some Klipsch product variations.

Can you post a pic of the beasts here just FYI?

kh

See below for what I am dealing with as we speak

storm0.jpg

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 09-09-2002 at 01:21 PM

mobile,

here is a pic of one of the k-horns. not the best but you get the idea.

we had alot of rain the week before last. caused some localized flooding but still didn't get us out of drought conditions and water restrictions. lawn watering on the odd - even system and no car washing at home. hate to say it but we need the rain. hope it's not going to get to bad down there. be safe!

big d

mobile,

the height is 50 inches,overall width is 31 1/4 inches. the minimum amount of corner you need with no obstructions is 23 inches(i.e. door or window casings). i know 4 ft. is the rule,but 23 inches will get them into a corner. total depth front to back is 27 1/2 inches.

lynnm,

i was curious about that to. i carefully eased up one corner of the factory label and it was white under the label as well. which leads me to believe they are factory white. it would be no easy task to get the labels off without tearing them to pieces. the back and inside the high-mid portion are also white.

big d

Big D -- this is a great deal and I'm going to bend Kelly's arm REALLY hard. I think the designer white would be PERFECT for his abode, and those seldom-used corners in his condo are dead otherwise.

Funny thing about Klipschorns is how they "disappear" into corners. Free-standing they are beasts ... nestled into their corners they are out of the way. They are less intrusive than freestanding Cornwalls for sure.

I know when I first saw mine, they were free-standing in the middle of my Syracuse sales office. God, they were HUGE !!! Put them in a rented mini-van, they were HUGE !! Refinished downstairs, they were HUGE !! Put them into corners, and they shrank in half. Wife didn't ***** at all.

Amazing how much space fills a corner !!

These white ones look very nice as well.

Don't sell them until I've thrown my very best at MH.

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (KCBR's & ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

tom,

had wanted to build a set since i worked at my local klipsch dealer. the bossman had bought one ,then built one. it looked and sounded great. that gave me the bug. finally was able to afford a pair so i bought them. these were the perfect models to build from. was looking at a house large enough to place 2 sets of k-horns and a belle for home theater. house got sold out from under me. so i'm settling for something alittle smaller. being single i don't need too big of a house anyway. this is forcing me to sell one pair of my babies.

chris,

i know what you mean about the size. i've got them standing in my dining area right now and they look massive. i do agree with you on the way they disappear once in a corner. going to be closing on the house soon, so give it your best shot.

big d

Chris, You are absolutely right about the Khorns "disappearing". Mine look as if the belong there in their corners as if they had always been there. Like they were are part of the woodwork. They definatey are out of the way.

------------------

Talkin' 'bout...

Hey now! Hey now!

Eico Eico uday.

Jockamo feeno ai nane.

Jockamo fee nane.