ki-396-sma-ii

Paducah Home Theater

Bad mamma jammas.  Never seen anybody else attempt to use these in a home theater so I figured I'd try.  Been listening to Metallica at stupid loud volumes like it's nothing.  Now what would be cool is if these components were in some veneered towers that were taller, would be awesome.  

15585389_10154369111479401_3237074301940

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jwc said:

I have been very interested in those.  You using them w/o subs?....If sub, what XO point?

His subs are below the screen but I don't know if he's using them.  When we were at the last gathering they had one playing while sitting on an 1801.  We had to make them prove the sub wasn't on by showing us the disconnected wires before we believed that it actually  wasn't playing. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jwc said:

I have been very interested in those.  You using them w/o subs?....If sub, what XO point?

Been running them full range for the most part.  When I cranked them I had them crossed over at 80 just so I wouldn't screw anything up.  For comparisons sake I turned the subs off and ran them full range.  I like my music blu rays to be full range and double bass / LFE+Main though so I watched most of this disc like that.  They sound really nice for rock music.  Snares and cymbals aren't piercing, voices are smooth and accurate, bass guitar is growly and defined, no fatigue at all, very very nice.  

• Like 2