Does anyone know what "Topixy" is??

Mighty Favog

From what I can find, I think it's a type of Craigslist. There is something on there that is for sale and I want it BADLY. I sent a message to the seller expressing my interest but I don't even know where this person/web site is. I also sent a message to the webmaster asking how I go about contacting the seller (which I already did).

So, what I need is to find out where they are in case shipping is not possible.

Story behind the item:  My Mom passed away a couple of years ago and she held on to her vinyl records of a women's chorus she was in in the 70's called Sweet Adelines. They won the international competition in 81' in Phoenix, AZ and a few other contests in the mid 70's. Her quartet won a division in 75' or 76' (The Contemporaries) and that is the only vinyl record she had but couldn't find at home.

Fast Forward - I found the record on this obscure site and want it for myself (numbers 18 & 19 in the first grouping). I have a friend who sings barbershop for the male version chorus called Southern Gateway, and he will pay the full price of the collection and let me have the one(s) that I want of Mom. So, this is a GREAT deal if I can get it rolling!!

https://www.topixy.com/1083496692.html

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, odd website in numerous ways.

If you click on the "Response" link, a window opens to email.

Sounds like you did that.

I also did, will let you know if I hear anything back.

But a goofy website overall.

How in the world did you find the listing?

Here ? --    https://www.google.com/search?q=Sweet+Adelines%2C+Inc%3B+Region+Four+Winners+of+1975&oq=Sweet+Adelines%2C+Inc%3B+Region+Four+Winners+of+1975&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8         Marc

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:43 AM, Karsoncookie said:

How in the world did you find the listing?

Well, fortunately I know the title of the album verbatim. Mom was very adamant about the title and what the cover looked like. But I remember it too.

But it was a complete fluke that Google had a hit for it. It just got a bit frustrating that a site has listed what I'm looking for only to find that the site might not be monitored by anyone.

I did hear back from the Sweet Adelines' main office in Tulsa, OK. A very nice lady there put the request on their web forum (like this one) and she got a couple of responses. She also gave me a few e-mail addresses of people that might be able to help locate a copy of the album. Fingers crossed but still not stopping the search elsewhere.

20150323_205618.jpg

Whoa!! Not sure how you found those but I sure do appreciate it.

In that listing, Mom is on #15 / track B3 and #20 / tracks C1 & C2 (Seven Hills Chapter), and that's with the whole 80+member group. I didn't see any with her quartet, though.

I'm very grateful for your time and effort to look for these.