Why doesn't klipsch recommend Bob?

Harleywood

10 minutes ago, Deang said:

Now wait a minute - I do a nice build!

Im saving you for my McM(s) project later this year, and really may throw you a bigtime bone, MY EAW stacks that are factory Bi-Ampped.

I think iv still got a pic of these, figure i sure as hell aint selling them, might as well freshin things up, you will be hearing from me in due time.

14387285101_00fdcf3930.jpg

29348920165_966ac05a52.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Deang said:

I'm a builder Mark - toss me a schematic and I can do some great work - but I build for great sound - which means I really don't give a shit about your checking account. :-)

Too much Bourbon! 

Im very much aware of your builds, i agree with the checking acct, great sound is not done on the cheap. my wife knows/agrees.

I believe Justin is/has played your designs?

28 minutes ago, minermark said:

i agree with the checking acct, great sound is not done on the cheap.

---------

Actually, Good sound does not require dumping tons of money toward the hobby. Wise choices will get you much further. 

I always get a laugh when I hear about folks spending a fortune on some electronic parts because they are covered in beeswax (or whatever ....). It is really not required. 

As always, my advice is free and maybe it is worth what you pay for it

Enjoy the holidays,

-Tom

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deang said:

Right Tom - because a cheap *** metalized capacitor sounds just as good as a quality film and foil - give me a break!

Dean, I certainly never said that. 

What I am saying is that quality components do not have to cost an arm and a leg. Is the "beeswax" critical for good sound? Now who is kidding who?

On December 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Mighty Favog said:

Bob doesn't have any type of contract with Klipsch. Check to see if Tuell is an authorized service center, that'll probably tell ya.

I checked their website and didn't see any mention of being an authorized klipsch repair center. That's what had me baffled and I wasn't about to send my xo's to them. I kept searching and found this forum. Best decision I ever made.

• Like 2

You get what you pay for - that is the way of the world.

Yes, I believe paper in oil, and foil in wax paper dielectric film types sound better than junk Mylars or dirt cheap metalized polypropylenes. Films are "critical" to the "best" obtainable sound. I realize this position isn't popular around here - but a decade of experience tells me otherwise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I spoke with Klipsch as well when I was getting ready to do my crossovers over and they said the reason they didn't push for Bob was because his crossovers weren't exact to the originals.They spoke of Bob as if you were speaking of having a few grains of sand in your shoes without wearing socks. I used Bob on my forte II's and my KG 4.2's. He was more than helpful and courteous.

Another reason is it takes away business from Klipsch with people not "upgrading" or replacing their older speakers, so why push someone who may hinder some of us buying more of their product.

From a business stand point, speakers last a good 20 years or so before needing new crossovers, getting them done by Bob adds another 20 years, so as a company, they may only get 1 purchase from a consumer in a 40 years time frame.

I can see that corporate view as a real possibility why they don't push repairs. But geez if you make such great sounding quality speakers why wouldn't you expect your customers to try and hold on to them as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

---------

Actually, Good sound does not require dumping tons of money toward the hobby. Wise choices will get you much further. 

I always get a laugh when I hear about folks spending a fortune on some electronic parts because they are covered in beeswax (or whatever ....). It is really not required. 

As always, my advice is free and maybe it is worth what you pay for it

Enjoy the holidays,

-Tom

"Good sound does not require dumping tons of money toward the hobby"

Well iv NO regrets over the years, not one when it comes to the refinement of sounds.

Iv spent some big bucks now and then, just cannot think of anything i really overpaid for.

Bob's goodies re-enforce the way Klipsch was ment to be listened to, and i like it.

When it comes to my big boys here, they will get the best that can be bought, and im happy to pay whatever it takes to tune them with the finest goodies available.

My Rig, My Neighbors to pizz off.

My hat's off to guy's like Bob & Dean, for without them, who we going to ask? some moron @ parts express? 

I have dealt with Bob and Dean both are great guys . Bob is always there to talk ,  I don`t know how he gets anything done . The first time I talked with dean about crossovers 3 hrs later My head was spinning , But I did buy a pair of his super AA`s for my bells  :D ................ Merry christmas

• Like 2

• Moderators

This devolved quickly, and don't have time to keep track of it.  Gonna lock this down, maybe look at it next year, or let Chad deal with it.

Better yet, @Chief bonehead can address it all when he has time,.it's his bally wick.

I heard he has some free time next May.  If the OP isn't asking a rhetorical question, and would really like an answer, shoot me a PM and I will try and get you an anewer, in general, why they are referring to that company, and not others.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

• Like 1