Just bought my speakers

chasec2021

I have been running four RB61 IIs with the RC62 II centre for a few years. A great set up and they are great for music as well as movies. Recently changed my front pair for a set of Ohm Walsh Tall 2000s. The displaced 61s aren't going anywhere...they will be the foundation for a two channel system in the den. You picked up some great speakers at a great price.

• Like 2

Yes I agree you'll be very pleased.  I've had the R-25C and the R-15Ms.

Also have a pair of RB51s along with the matching RC51.

I can tell you, for sure, you will notice a difference just in the sound quality changing from the lesser reference line to the more robust and refined Reference II line.  It's not brighter per se but sounds better -- I don't have the audio vocabulary to properly describe it.  Clearer, crisper is the best I've got.  

Then you can add to that the increase in driver size and you'll notice two things -- better sound quality and a lot more ability.

The R-15Ms, imo are fine for a small room or for rear surrounds.  The RB61s will be night and day difference in sound quality imo.

Should you decide you hate your RB61s and don't want them, and are not within a warranty period, contact me, I'll help.  

RK 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, chasec2021 said:

So, can anyone explain how to downgrade photos? All of the pictures I want to post are over 2 MB.

Download irfanview.  It's a very small image viewer that allows you to very easily resize images.  I've been using it for probably 15 years. 

Open an image, then go to Image > Resize/Resample and you get this dialog box.  I resize my images to 1500 pixels wide.

irfanview.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, chasec2021 said:

Why would it put such a low cap on uploaded pictures?

Because when you "Attach" a file to the forum, the Klipsch servers have to store those images.  That's why I typically upload images to my own server and then go to "Insert other media > insert image from URL".  That way, I can upload high resolution 300dpi images at 1500 pixels wide and not have to worry about size limitations.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Because when you "Attach" a file to the forum, the Klipsch servers have to store those images.  That's why I typically upload images to my own server and then go to "Insert other media > insert image from URL".  That way, I can upload high resolution 300dpi images at 1500 pixels wide and not have to worry about size limitations.

Which I don't understand. TB hard drives are not expensive $50? That would take a some time  to fill. 

• Moderators

Probably less time than you think.  The forum has 28584 members.  I personally have 82GB on my computer of photos of my HT and various Klipsch speakers I have owned (see photo below). 

speaker-list-12-14-16.jpg

I have a folder on my server called forumfiles which I upload all of the photos that I've shared on the Klipsch website and then have embedded them into the Klipsch website.  Out of curiosity, I just downloaded the entire forumfiles folder from my server and it contains 1669 photos (1.3 GB).  Each of these files have been resized to around 1000 - 1500 pixels wide and are 1MB or less.

Without file size restrictions, people would just upload 14MP - 24MP images each time and that wouldn't take very long to fill up a TB Hard Drive.

4 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Which I don't understand. TB hard drives are not expensive $50? That would take a some time  to fill. 

Most companies charge a monthly fee for that disk space.  I know on my VPS if I wanted 1 TB, I'd be up around $140 a month extra than what I'm paying now.  Add in the bandwidth to support using all 1 TB of that space, you add another $90.  Not to mention the amount of people still on DSL, Dial Up or on mobile.  Doesn't have a lick of relationship with how much a computer hard drive costs on a consumer grade product.

**Update

So as most of you here know now after reading my skepticism and also my anxiety about spending the money on the upgrade that it was WELL WORTH IT. Last night I watched a few different things cranked up:

Star Trek (the newest one)- Not the whole thing, but just about 30 minutes

Captain America III Civil War- Took me a little while to get everything set up to be a good balance between speakers and sub. Once I got that where it should be (about 2 hours in the movie) this stuff was rocking. I had my buddy over to hang while I got it set up and he was pretty damn impressed with all of it. Hell, he was impressed even without it being calibrated the way it should be. 

Here is the kicker, I moved my R 15M's and R 25C to my bedroom, paired with a non klipsch sub (which has been plenty for that room) and quintet satellites for the rears, and they sounded ok.. I mean was I already spoiled by what was upgraded? I figured at least the one thing that setup had over my den was that the room shape was waaaay better for SQ, but.. they really just didn't carry the same umph I am getting in my den. Let's get this clear, the set up in my bedroom is MORE than enough for that room. I have a set up to have my computer run through an HDMI and wireless mouse and keyboard so I can game in there, but it is only a few feet away from the tv. Any more could be overkill.

This morning I woke up and me and my fiance tested the bedroom speakers out by playing the Justin Timberlake concert from Netflix. Sounded good.. couldn't complain.. Then we moved in the den to test the same thing out... Holy sh*t.. the difference was staggering. 

For those of you who are weary on making an upgrade jump, do it. If you have the entry levels like I did, there is a huge difference between what I had in my den, and what I upgraded too. Regularly priced $1150 and getting it for $660 was an incredible deal, much less with the gift cards I had to help.

Thanks to everyone who eased my mind and kept me in check from stopping this from happening. I was teatering on the edge of cancelling this order. Thank god I went through with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Good to hear you're liking it.

Thanks. Any suggestions on RS speakers? I was reading on another post RS 35s would go with most reference speakers, what are the differences between them and the RS 10s and other surround speakers? I don't feel that the quintets im using right now are doing a bad job for what my room needs, but wouldnt mind another cheap upgrade on a used pair

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chasec2021 said:

so skip the r 14s and the rs 42 ii's?

Definitely skip the R-14S.  If you're upgrading, you don't want to do a half step.  IMO - they're about the same build quality as the RS-10's.  The 10 series was not Klipsch's brightest moment.

I owned the 42's, and while I liked them, they didn't stay.  They got replaced by RS-3's.

The point is making it so that you're at least satisfied long enough to have the scrap for when it's time to upgrade.  You won't probably get that with any of the speakers you've mentioned.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IbizaFlame said:

Definitely skip the R-14S.  If you're upgrading, you don't want to do a half step.  IMO - they're about the same build quality as the RS-10's.  The 10 series was not Klipsch's brightest moment.

I owned the 42's, and while I liked them, they didn't stay.  They got replaced by RS-3's.

The point is making it so that you're at least satisfied long enough to have the scrap for when it's time to upgrade.  You won't probably get that with any of the speakers you've mentioned.

Good to know. The more I learn the more I retain on what is what. Right now, I am literally at the ground floor in a lot of aspects when it comes to Klipsch and their products. I have had surround set ups for years, with less than ideal products and even less than ideal products for the shape of my room. I was a Bose-O for many years, and the prices are outrageous for what they sell the quality product of. They don't even sell a Center channel any more.. thats so strange. I had one from them, and it was the weak link to my set up. When I bought my quintets for my bedroom, I already had a sub, and it sounded so much better than the Bose. It was eye opening. SO, when I say I want to upgrade from my quintets for the sides and rears, In my bottom level mind, any upgrade will be significant compared to what I have now, because those speakers are meant for what I need compared to what I have.