Upside of sick days

YK Thom

Had a fantastic weekend. Our annual Masonic Installation, which as in years past featured a very large contingent from Grand Lodge in Alberta. We had 18 brethren and wives come up this year. Had them out dogsledding Friday afternoon, a late luncheon and a fairly scotch infused meet and greet that evening. The women were taken around town shopping and such by the local wives whilst we were doing the actual Installation. The whole thing comes to a head with a large banquet complete with dancing band Saturday night. A lot of hand shaking and such and my Sunday morning hangover morphed into a full on cold/flu. Have been down for the count since. Upside...the wife is at work and I've had time to recoup listening to albums the wife is not keen on as well as some of my favourite classical CDs uninterrupted. Should be back up and about tomorrow.

Thanks and have fingers crossed for you. I seem to get a monstrous one every year. Have enjoyed the "me time" listening. In fact because of most people being at work I kicked the volume up higher than I normally do. Thankfully I didn't end up with plugged ears.

• Like 1

Our household has a cold going around.  I'm trying not to get it.  Thom the dog sledding sounds like a lot fun.  Now that is something I've never thought of trying.  I've been to Quebec a couple of times in the winter and did some horseback riding and snow snowmobiling.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On January 17, 2017 at 6:36 PM, thebes said:

When I'm down for the count I like to play funeral dirges and Scottish bagpipe music. Kinda fits the mood of being sick.

Do you complete the party with big helpings of haggis?? If that don't bring someone around, nothing will. 

• Like 2