Norman Wells Trip

YK Thom

The day we left. First thing in the morning it was snowing to beat sixty - we doubted we would be getting out. The winds however really picked up and things cleared about an a hour before the flight. This is the runway with Franklin mountains in the background.

IMG_20170202_1510285.jpg

ditto.  I had the "pleasure" of spending a week in Montana soon after New Year's.  I think when we landed Monday evening that week, it was possibly the warmest temp all week - upper 20's.  that week, temps fell to +/- single digits air temp.  wind chills were -20 at times.  I expressed my gratitude for my hospitality to our hosts.  and invited them to So Mississippi in August to return the favor.

oh, and rumor is I may get to make not just one, but possibly TWO trips back to the upper peninsula of Michigan in the coming weeks.  yay.  

boy, my people really know how to schedule project trips, don't they?

@YK Thom - nice pics. looks very pretty, and like you had a good, enjoyable trip

• Like 1

We will most definitely NOT being retiring here. Once we wrap up (about ten years or so), we'll most likely be heading down to Alberta. May even consider New Brunswick because of the low cost of living. The guy in the photos (Dave) bought a new-ish condo in Fredericton last year, incredibly affordable. Once he packs it in next year away he goes.

my daughter (born in Calgary) is living in Alma NB works in the national park office there, cost of living is very low. If you bought a property now and rented it out you could knock off a huge chunk of the cost buy the time you wanted to move in ten years from now.  Nice place for sure. Hey don't forget to visit if you make it to cow town this spring/summer. moray james.

• Like 1

Looks like we may finally get together this June if you are in town. A convention I do every year (each year different city), will be held in  Edmonton  this time. Very easy to rent a car and zip on down. My wife will be coming so some  West Edmonton Mall shopping will be in the mix as well as a Shabbat at our synagogue. I'll pad a few days onto the trip.