Norman Wells Trip

YK Thom

Spent a week up north attending a regional economic development meeting (Sahtu Region),in Norman Wells NWT. Great little town and one of my favourites. Very nice in the summer as it is right on the Mackenzie River.

My GM came with me this trip as we had a few clients to visit at the same time. The local legion has a nice meeting room that is well booked for many local events. Nice and handy to the pub side once the days wrapped up.

My GM entering the meeting site Norman Wells.jpg

• Like 1

If I hadn't spent so much marital capital on those new speakers I would have bought this Dall Sheep mount on the spot. $3400 Canadian, which is pretty good. There are a number of hunting lodges around Norman Wells - moose and sheep are the big draws.

16473249_371292893226455_4317937388968754184_n.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Looks like you had a good time, but being from the other end of this big island I almost go frostbite just looking at the pictures. 

Lol, yes it is a bit nippy up this way. -27 this morning for my walk to work.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Lol, yes it is a bit nippy up this way. -27 this morning for my walk to work.

+27 was our one cold night so far this winter, that's rally cold for this area, that half a night was miserable I tell ya. :huh:

• Like 1