Sold Locally: Cornwall I's FS in the SE WI/Chicago Area - Photos Added

tlarwa

Never thought I'd do this, but I am knee-deep into a folded OB speaker design that I'm pretty fond of, so I'm thinking of letting my Cornwalls go.  They were made in 1982 (I've been told they are a "1 1/2" version) and are in Walnut Lacquer with cane grilles.  Components are B-2 crossovers, K-33-E, K-77-M and K-55-V with the soldered lugs (Bob Crites told me these are the most desirable, FWIW).  The crossovers were recently updated with the Crites kit.  The cabinets are unmolested. They are in terrific condition ... a nick/chip here and there and a little discoloration on the grilles, but overall they present themselves very well and don't need any immediate refurbishing (if any at all).  And of course they sound great.  I am not willing to ship these, so a buyer in WI/IL (or within driving distance) is preferred.  And I don't have a vehicle big enough to transport them, so I can't even meet somewhere halfway (sorry!).  I wanted to offer these up here before I list them elsewhere since I know there are several members in the vicinity.  If you are interested, shoot me a message and we can talk.  I attached the pics I have immediately available, but will take more and better ones tonight.  SOLD

Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

May I ask what a folded OB speaker is?

A typical OB is a large, flat plane that separates the back wave of the driver from the front wave.  A folded baffle design is basically an open back cabinet, but it functions similarly to a standard OB (but takes up a lot less room ... although they are still not small).  A pic of mine is attached (in MDF test cabinets).  I am getting some really good bass response with this design, while retaining the OB "airiness" that is typically the allure of the design.  It's been an interesting project...

D8AF66D6-B329-4349-9707-BA2B70862781.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

I've been considering going this route for some time. I'd never heard open baffles before. I'd love to get an earful someday Tom. Something tells me they'll work great in your new listening room.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SWL said:

I've been considering going this route for some time. I'd never heard open baffles before. I'd love to get an earful someday Tom. Something tells me they'll work great in your new listening room.emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Come on over and have a listen ... I had another audio buddy over yesterday and he was pretty impressed!

• Like 1