Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

In the late afternoon I continued with the bristish jazz funk band Level 42 and their Album Physical Presence from 1985

Level42aphysicalpresence.thumb.jpg.eea8205293d14397d0474fc3a4e9448a.jpg

later Marvin Gaye´s Last Concert Tour , recorded in Indianapolis in 1983

MArvinGayeThelastconcerttour.thumb.jpg.2a431ee4f826aa1addf30f3adc70880d.jpg

and finally Miss Millie Jackson " Live and Uncensored " , her voice was compared to these from Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner , I mean she has a great voice

MillieJacksonLiveUnsensored.thumb.jpg.5ff7a9e0b21db560e857f59077b4812d.jpg

• Like 6

btw ..I installed my ADC XLM III with the JICO RSX Needle on the modded SME 3009 Tonearm yesterday , have it since a couple of years , but less than 50 hours used ..so it was time ...

ADCRSX2.thumb.jpg.c8ba086a55d3e954dd12686b926379c9.jpg

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

In the late afternoon I continued with the bristish jazz funk band Level 42 and their Album Physical Presence from 1985

Level42aphysicalpresence.thumb.jpg.eea8205293d14397d0474fc3a4e9448a.jpg

later Marvin Gaye´s Last Concert Tour , recorded in Indianapolis in 1983

MArvinGayeThelastconcerttour.thumb.jpg.2a431ee4f826aa1addf30f3adc70880d.jpg

and finally Miss Millie Jackson " Live and Uncensored " , her voice was compared to these from Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner , I mean she has a great voice

MillieJacksonLiveUnsensored.thumb.jpg.5ff7a9e0b21db560e857f59077b4812d.jpg

Why the dual tonearm? One for MM and one for MC?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

For practical reasons - and please note that every cartridge sounds different from another. So finding the one that suits one’s system one’s ears and music genre is part of that journey 

Now for practical reasons 

It can take a while to set up a new cartridge or to swap over from MM to MC ect 

So it’s prudent to use and pre set an MM on one tonearm and an MC on the other, giving one more time to enjoy music 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

Indeed ! At the moment I use an Moving Irion Cart from ADC on the SME 3009 Arm and an Lentek Entré 1 Moving Coil on the Micro Seiki Ma 505 Arm .

• Like 4

On 2/4/2024 at 4:34 PM, MicroMara said:

btw ..I installed my ADC XLM III with the JICO RSX Needle on the modded SME 3009 Tonearm yesterday , have it since a couple of years , but less than 50 hours used ..so it was time ...

ADCRSX2.thumb.jpg.c8ba086a55d3e954dd12686b926379c9.jpg

Can i use your headshell have to grate some Parmigiano-Reggiano

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

Record spinning on a Wednesday afternoon 

20240207_151952.jpg

This is for the Maracas on top of the La Scala’s 

A song by Peter Allen 

When my baby
When my baby smiles at me I go to Rio
De Janeiro, my-oh-me-oh
I go wild and then I have to do the Samba
And La Bamba
Now I`m not the kind of person
With a passionate persuasion for dancin`
Or roma-ancin`
But I give in to the rhythm
And my feet follow the beatin` of my hear-eart
Woh-ho-oh-oh, when my baby
When my baby smiles at me I go to Rio
De Janeiro

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just finished up a lil ride.  Things were sounding pretty darn nice today.  

Buffalo_Springfield_-_Buffalo_Springfiel

Buffalo Springfield is the debut album by the folk rock band Buffalo Springfield, released in December 1966 on Atco Records. Band members Stephen Stills and Neil Young wrote all the material on the album.

Most subsequent pressings of the album from March 1967 onward replaced the track "Baby Don't Scold Me" with the standalone single "For What It's Worth", which was ascending the US charts at the time. The single eventually peaked at number 7 on the Hot 100,[8] while the album reached number 80 on the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart.

Doobie_Brothers_-_Toulouse_Street_Quad_1

Toulouse Street is the second studio album by American rock band the Doobie Brothers. It was released in July 1972, by Warner Bros. Records. It was the band's first album with bassist Tiran Porter and also the first with drummer Michael Hossack to augment existing drummer John Hartman, putting in place their trademark twin-drummer sound. Toulouse Street is the name of a street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The cover and inside centerfold photos were taken at a former brothel on Toulouse Street.

The album peaked at number 21 on the Billboard 200.

Spirit_-_The_Best_of_1973.jpg

Spirit was an American rock band founded in 1967 and based in Los Angeles. Their most commercially successful single in the United States was "I Got a Line on You". They were also known for their albums, including their self-titled debut album, The Family That Plays Together, Clear, and Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.

The "Best of" was put together with their hits from 1967-70.

Hmmmm, gonna have to dig 12 Dreams out.  Such a great album.    :)

Yes_-_Yes_1969_1st_US_print.jpg

Yes is the debut studio album by English rock band Yes, released on 25 July 1969 by Atlantic Records. After forming in the summer of 1968, the band toured extensively across the United Kingdom with sets comprising both original material and rearranged cover versions. They signed with Atlantic in March 1969, and entered Advision and Trident Studios in London to record their first album. Yes includes covers of "Every Little Thing" by the Beatles and "I See You" by the Byrds.

amboy-dukes-amboy-dukes-1967.jpg

The Amboy Dukes is the debut studio album by American rock band The Amboy Dukes. It was released in November 1967 on Mainstream Records.  

The album is noted for containing an energetic recording of Joe Williams' blues standard "Baby, Please Don't Go",[2] as well as covers of Pete Townshend's composition "It's Not True", and Cream's "I Feel Free".[1] AllMusic said that the album fused "the psychedelia of the early Blues Magoos with Hendrix riffs and British pop" and described the song "Colors" as psychedelic hard rock.[1] The publication compared "Down on Philips Escalator" to Syd Barrett-period Pink Floyd, and said that "The Lovely Lady" "almost sounds like the Velvet Underground meets the Small Faces by way of Peanut Butter Conspiracy."[1]

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4