Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, Abomb said:

I hope the Wife doesn't kill me. 🥺

2 hours ago, Abomb said:

Not to mention the billet aluminum remote is a weapon.

Might wanna hide that remote for a couple weeks.  :)

• Haha 3

Well...thus far, even without the "several hour" recommended prime sound first time warmup. I have definitively recommend the Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 Magnum. I have had my Heresy IV's for about one month. Today is the first time that they were allowed to show what they are truly made of. From Brahms to Rush and beyond this amp has made such a difference in my listening experience. For the price  what you get cannot be overstated. Color me impressed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guess it's time to post a few I've thrown on lately.  Things are cranked here while I watch a lil NCAA women's hoops muted.  hahaha

Poco was an American country rock band originally formed in 1968 after the demise of Buffalo Springfield. Guitarists Richie Furay and Jim Messina, former members of Buffalo Springfield, were joined by multi-instrumentalist Rusty Young, bassist Randy Meisner, and drummer George Grantham. Meisner quit the band while they were recording their first album, Pickin' Up the Pieces, though his bass and backing vocal parts were kept in the final mix. He was replaced by Timothy B. Schmit in 1969, and Messina left in 1970 to be replaced by Paul Cotton. The line-up would change numerous times over the next several decades, with Rusty Young being the only constant member. A reunion of the founding members occurred in the late 1980s-early 1990s, and the band has continued in some form through 2021, though they retired from active touring in 2013, with Young citing health concerns as the primary cause of his retirement. Young died from a heart attack in April 2021.

Their second studio album released in 1970.

POCO-POCO-1970.jpg

Emerson, Lake & Palmer (informally known as ELP) were an English progressive rock supergroup formed in London in 1970.[2][3] The band consisted of Keith Emerson (keyboards) of the Nice, Greg Lake (vocals, bass, guitars, producer) of King Crimson, and Carl Palmer (drums, percussion) of Atomic Rooster. With nine RIAA-certified gold record albums in the US,[4] and an estimated 48 million records sold worldwide,[5] they are one of the most popular and commercially successful progressive rock groups of the 1970s,[6][7] with a musical sound including adaptations of classical music with jazz and symphonic rock elements, dominated by Emerson's flamboyant use of the Hammond organ, Moog synthesizer, and piano (although Lake wrote several acoustic songs for the group).[8]

Their first from 1970,

Emerson-Lake-Palmer-ELP-1970-their-first.jpg

They followed right up in 1971 with Tarkus.  Both lp's reached the #5 spot in the UK .

ELP-Tarkus.jpg

Genesis are an English rock band formed at Charterhouse School, Godalming, Surrey, in 1967. The band's longest-existing and most commercially successful line-up consisted of keyboardist Tony Banks, bassist/guitarist Mike Rutherford and drummer/singer Phil Collins. In the 1970s, during which the band also included singer Peter Gabriel and guitarist Steve Hackett, Genesis were among the pioneers of progressive rock.

The group were formed by five Charterhouse pupils, including Banks, Rutherford, Gabriel and guitarist Anthony Phillips, and named by former Charterhouse pupil and pop impresario Jonathan King, who arranged for them to record several singles and their debut album From Genesis to Revelation in 1969. After splitting from King, the band began touring, signed with Charisma Records and became a progressive rock band on Trespass (1970). Phillips departed after the album's recording, with Banks, Rutherford and Gabriel recruiting Collins and Hackett before recording Nursery Cryme (1971). 

Genesis-Trespass-1970.jpg

:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Guess it's time to post a few I've thrown on lately.  Things are cranked here while I watch a lil NCAA women's hoops muted.  hahaha

Poco was an American country rock band originally formed in 1968 after the demise of Buffalo Springfield. Guitarists Richie Furay and Jim Messina, former members of Buffalo Springfield, were joined by multi-instrumentalist Rusty Young, bassist Randy Meisner, and drummer George Grantham. Meisner quit the band while they were recording their first album, Pickin' Up the Pieces, though his bass and backing vocal parts were kept in the final mix. He was replaced by Timothy B. Schmit in 1969, and Messina left in 1970 to be replaced by Paul Cotton. The line-up would change numerous times over the next several decades, with Rusty Young being the only constant member. A reunion of the founding members occurred in the late 1980s-early 1990s, and the band has continued in some form through 2021, though they retired from active touring in 2013, with Young citing health concerns as the primary cause of his retirement. Young died from a heart attack in April 2021.

Their second studio album released in 1970.

POCO-POCO-1970.jpg

Emerson, Lake & Palmer (informally known as ELP) were an English progressive rock supergroup formed in London in 1970.[2][3] The band consisted of Keith Emerson (keyboards) of the Nice, Greg Lake (vocals, bass, guitars, producer) of King Crimson, and Carl Palmer (drums, percussion) of Atomic Rooster. With nine RIAA-certified gold record albums in the US,[4] and an estimated 48 million records sold worldwide,[5] they are one of the most popular and commercially successful progressive rock groups of the 1970s,[6][7] with a musical sound including adaptations of classical music with jazz and symphonic rock elements, dominated by Emerson's flamboyant use of the Hammond organ, Moog synthesizer, and piano (although Lake wrote several acoustic songs for the group).[8]

Their first from 1970,

Emerson-Lake-Palmer-ELP-1970-their-first.jpg

They followed right up in 1971 with Tarkus.  Both lp's reached the #5 spot in the UK .

ELP-Tarkus.jpg

Genesis are an English rock band formed at Charterhouse School, Godalming, Surrey, in 1967. The band's longest-existing and most commercially successful line-up consisted of keyboardist Tony Banks, bassist/guitarist Mike Rutherford and drummer/singer Phil Collins. In the 1970s, during which the band also included singer Peter Gabriel and guitarist Steve Hackett, Genesis were among the pioneers of progressive rock.

The group were formed by five Charterhouse pupils, including Banks, Rutherford, Gabriel and guitarist Anthony Phillips, and named by former Charterhouse pupil and pop impresario Jonathan King, who arranged for them to record several singles and their debut album From Genesis to Revelation in 1969. After splitting from King, the band began touring, signed with Charisma Records and became a progressive rock band on Trespass (1970). Phillips departed after the album's recording, with Banks, Rutherford and Gabriel recruiting Collins and Hackett before recording Nursery Cryme (1971). 

Genesis-Trespass-1970.jpg

Progressive Gods!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Picked this lp up a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe I found it.  99% of the time his stuff just evaporates.  The really down side of it is he only puts out limited copies but more cd's.  Sounds absolutely fantastic on my rig.   You want more info on him look him up and yoiur jaw will drop if you've never really heard of him.    Thank me later!  lol   :)

Snowy_White_-_Drivin_on_the_44.png

Full lp.  He'll take ya for a ride!  :)

See what I did there?  Talked myself right into playing it!   PWK sooooo had his schiit together!  Just makes me horney everytime a full lp takes me down to the river for another baptism (I'm a repeat offender.  Not really 💪).   Yea, buddy it's THAT freakin tight!   Kick back @Abomb crank it a bit and enjoy.  I'll smooth mama bear for ya!   She'll be goin what's that?  Then just ask her if she likes it and watch.  I got your back! 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just in case you have any doubts about my love of Rush. This was a Christmas gift to my Wife. Meet Tucker, the best dog that I have ever known. An American Bulldog through and through. He was 14 and a half years old when he went on to eternity. The Garden says it all. 

20240330_172750_optimized_optimized.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Picked this lp up a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe I found it.  99% of the time his stuff just evaporates.  The really down side of it is he only puts out limited copies but more cd's.  Sounds absolutely fantastic on my rig.   You want more info on him look him up and yoiur jaw will drop if you've never really heard of him.    Thank me later!  lol   :)

Snowy_White_-_Drivin_on_the_44.png

Full lp.  He'll take ya for a ride!  :)

See what I did there?  Talked myself right into playing it!   PWK sooooo had his schiit together!  Just makes me horney everytime a full lp takes me down to the river for another baptism (I'm a repeat offender.  Not really 💪).   Yea, buddy it's THAT freakin tight!   Kick back @Abomb crank it a bit and enjoy.  I'll smooth mama bear for ya!   She'll be goin what's that?  Then just ask her if she likes it and watch.  I got your back! 😂

I'll thank you right now. THANK YOU!!!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Abomb said:

Just in case you have any doubts about my love of Rush. This was a Christmas gift to my Wife. Meet Tucker, the best dog that I have ever known. An American Bulldog through and through. He was 14 and a half years old when he went on to eternity. The Garden says it all. 

Our Irish Terrier also went to heaven a couple of months ago at 15yo and he was the best dog we had in 40 years 

We loved him so much, so we had mim cremated to still be with us 

F9-ED12-AE-66-C9-4357-B451-AAA6137-CAF15

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, Full Range said:

Our Irish Terrier also went to heaven a couple of months ago at 15yo and he was the best dog we had in 40 years 

We did too...much love and sorrow to you and yours....nothing can fill the void...we all know this. Just remember...keep the happy memories...they will always bring a smile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Abomb said:

We did too...much love and sorrow to you and yours....nothing can fill the void...we all know this. Just remember...keep the happy memories...they will always bring a smile.

I forgot to mention that he was also an audiophile and loved listening to music (photo added above ) 

He liked mostly softer prog tracks and his favourite band was Pink Floyd 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

F9-ED12-AE-66-C9-4357-B451-AAA6137-CAF15

My Scotch Irish Wife loves him. She gives an official redhead salute.

• Like 4

Just finished up with this one.  Things are a cookin here and I'm soooo tweeked in.  Sound stage is running the entire wall.  Corner to corner.  Back in the sixties when I picked up that lil Klipsh booklet for my report I now know WHY he made so much sense.  He's gotta be laffin at me cause this place is alive.  I've GOTTA get that stripper pole up! 

Dire Straits were a British rock band formed in London in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead vocals and lead guitar), David Knopfler (rhythm guitar and backing vocals), John Illsley (bass guitar and backing vocals) and Pick Withers (drums and percussion). They were active from 1977 to 1988 and again from 1990 to 1995.[2]

Dire Straits' fourth studio album Love Over Gold, an album of songs filled with lengthy passages that featured Alan Clark's piano and keyboard work, was well received when it was released in September 1982, going gold in America and spending four weeks at number one in the United Kingdom. The title was inspired by graffiti seen from the window of Knopfler's old council flat in London. The phrase was taken from the sleeve of an album by Captain Beefheart. Love Over Gold was the first Dire Straits album produced solely by Mark Knopfler, and its main chart hit, "Private Investigations", gave Dire Straits their first top 5 hit single in the United Kingdom, where it reached the number 2 position, despite its almost seven-minute length, and became another of the band's most popular live songs.[35]

Dire-Straits-Love-Over-Gold-82-reissue-i

Workin on this dude dude right now.  

20230802-204754.jpg

Kevin Roosevelt Moore (born October 3, 1951), known as Keb' Mo', is an American blues musician and eight-time Grammy Award winner. He is a singer, guitarist, and songwriter, living in Nashville, Tennessee. He has been described as "a living link to the seminal Delta blues that travelled up the Mississippi River and across the expanse of America."[2] His post-modern blues style is influenced by many eras and genres, including folk, rock, jazz, pop and country. The moniker "Keb Mo" was coined by his original drummer, Quentin Dennard, and picked up by his record label as a "street talk" abbreviation of his given name.

You ever get the chance ya better go for it!  

Keb-Mo-Good-to-be-signed.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here are both my baby girls.  Marissa and her baby girl Kyia.  together thru college and grad school and Dad was always the go to guy.  That lil girl NEVER leaves her sidewhether its in the house or out running 3-4 miles.  She's right beside her.  Fully trained and guaranteed to rip nads off.  She's only got a few more years left.  Riss just told me she's putting her in diapers at night.  The times coming and we both know it.  It'll be a super sad day when she has to put her down.  Best dog I ever saw and she's loved by every friend of hers.  Gonna be crazy bad.

26457-1.jpg

🧡 :)

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Oh she's my baby

Let me tell you why

Hey, she drives me crazy

She's the apple of my eye

'Cause she is my girl

And she can never do wrong

If I dream too much at night

Somebody please bring me down