Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Might be heading out of town for a bit. Just started vacation. The Old Man and Mom invited myself and the Wife down to visit in Florida. Dad is a former Army Sharpshooter ,yes that means sniper /Combat handgun expert. Master Sergeant...yeah...it was like that growing up. Lol....in any case...even at his Korean War age...he just set me and himself up with a private airboat tour of the Everglades, combined with a feral hog hunt. I see ribs in my future. "Gimmie those baby back baby back baby backs". 😆. I'll certainly try to keep posting. I'll be thinking about you all, even if I'm busy sucking BBQ sauce from a bone. 😈. Yeah...that's right...I said it. Lol.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Screenshot_20240502_062534_Chrome.jpg

That´s the origin from 1908

Antikamnia_neuman.jpg.b864730e65093e6ba5e5fed7282f9bef.jpg

Alfred E. Neumann is the mascot and cover hero of the satirical magazine MAD. However, the fictional character already existed before MAD claimed it for itself in 1954. Alfred E. Neumann is depicted as a street urchin with red hair, protruding ears, freckles and a broad grin that reveals the gap(s) in his teeth. The figure is regarded as a symbol of boundless stupidity and naivety.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Abomb said:

Well...look at what 20 U.S. simoleons gets you at Goodwill. A neat place to store all of your turntable crap. What once was a cigar humidor. Is now a stylish crap locker. 😁

20240502_135958_optimized_optimized.jpg

And what do you need the shaving brush on the box for?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Because sometimes I am ridiculously lazy and use the thing to clean off dust. It's remarkably soft. Granted, it doesn't do much for static, but I hardly notice with my drummer hearing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abomb said:

Well...look at what 20 U.S. simoleons gets you at Goodwill. A neat place to store all of your turntable crap. What once was a cigar humidor. Is now a stylish crap locker. 😁

20240502_135958_optimized_optimized.jpg

10 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Is that a herb grinder 

Screenshot_20240502_152550_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 5

Last weekend I spun ...Grover Washington´s Winelight

GWJWinelight.thumb.jpg.69ee9f8c80dbb99596e3a8fa866932ee.jpg

followed by Kenny Burrell " Sky Street "

KennyBurrellSkyStreet.thumb.jpg.c7f11aa875df97e062562f830f091e12.jpg

and finally a collection from The Crusaders " Best of 1967 to 1976 " 

TheCrusadersBestof.thumb.jpg.8346a502b422dbccc4d49210728115bf.jpg

I bought a new smartphone in October last year, but the camera is obviously not that good, the pictures are constantly blurred or not razor sharp or the colors are not right, maybe I should have a steadier hand when taking pictures, better to buy a new one soon . 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Is that a herb grinder 

Screenshot_20240502_152550_Chrome.jpg

Nope...that would be a record weight. It was from my Wife. She really does not know much about vinyl. I just figured that I would say thank you and prominently display it in order to keep doing those luxury things. You know...like breathing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I bought a new smartphone in October last year, but the camera is obviously not that good, the pictures are constantly blurred or not razor sharp or the colors are not right, maybe I should have a steadier hand when taking pictures, better to buy a new one soon . 

You should look into it. I have heard that they sell those now. 😂

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Sir...I know that I have mentioned this before. I seriously love your turntable. I hope that you enjoy it half as much as I admire it. One day I am hoping to follow your lead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Abomb said:

Sir...I know that I have mentioned this before. I seriously love your turntable. I hope that you enjoy it half as much as I admire it. One day I am hoping to follow your lead. 

4 tone arms...  A shaving brush?  Hmmmmmm...  

Waiting Tapping Foot GIF - Waiting Tapping Foot GIFs

Antikamnia_neuman.jpg.b864730e65093e6ba5e5fed7282f9bef.jpg

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Abomb said:

found an older pic that´s shows it´s beauty

MicroGlanz.thumb.jpg.b14edcb5d2e5774eb2f379ad15e89193.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/2/2024 at 9:34 PM, Abomb said:

Nope...that would be a record weight. It was from my Wife. She really does not know much about vinyl. I just figured that I would say thank you and prominently display it in order to keep doing those luxury things. You know...like breathing.

bear in your mind that plate weights that are too heavy can cause damage to the bearings of the drive and the plate axe, therefore light plate clamps for screwing are more appropriate

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"therefore light plate clamps for screwing are more appropriate" Hmmm...I've never even thought about that. I'll have to discuss it with the Wife before bed time. :D. I'm sorry....I had to. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well ..today I´ve changed the Cartridge from the SME 3009 , instead of the ADC XLM III with JICO SAS Needle I´ve deceided to use and listen to the Goldring IGC 920 Shibata with grind , Sound brilliant as well , a little bit more dynamics than the ADC , the IGC 920 got 5,6 mV Output ! 

First I spun Lou Rawls " Silk & Soul " from 1972 

LouRawlsSilkandSoul.thumb.jpg.7a55aee7c818432fc67a5885394c7851.jpg

than the Anothology from Commodores

CommodoresAnthology.thumb.jpg.a1bae68bda59b6dd5d4fe83ff3332563.jpg

followed by Rufus and Chaka Khan " ask Rufus "

Rufusfeat.ChakaKhanAskRufus.thumb.jpg.19d3c7562fc2f1b9f642f08272eab56a.jpg

than back to my youth with The Tubes " Remote Control "

TheTubesRemoteControl.thumb.jpg.108a293e1fba0efebc7a34f8ac7c8106.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Abomb said:

"therefore light plate clamps for screwing are more appropriate" Hmmm...I've never even thought about that. I'll have to discuss it with the Wife before bed time. :D. I'm sorry....I had to. Thanks for the info.

I think there are lot´s of other things can be done with a wife instead of discussing about plate clamps 😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

I think there are lot´s of other things can be done with a wife instead of discussing about plate clamps 😂

I do believe that you mentioned that those clamps are good for screwing. Lol

• Haha 5