Billy Bob?

jdm56

OK, Billy Bob Thornton may be an "artiste" of the highest caliber, and he may, for all I know, be a fine fellow and all around great guy, BUT, does he really project the kind of image that klipsch want's to project with that picture in the ad I saw in the latest Sound And Vision? Is it just me, or does the word "unsavory" come to anyone elses mind when you see that ad?

------------------

JDM

'98 klipschorns, Infinity SM-120's (surr.)

Dynaco QD-2

Sennheiser HD-580's

Sony TA-F606ES int. amp.

Sony ST-S550ES tuner

Sony CDP-X33ES CD player

Sony DTC-75ES DAT recorder

Sony PS-LX510 turntable w/ Audio-Technica AT-216EP cartridge

Akai HX-A3 cassette decks>

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh. I dunno. I suppose Billy Bob's fans buy Klipsch speakers with money as green as anyone else's.

I observe that Elvis, the Beatles, Stones, Queen, etc. were an insult to the mainstream in their day. Now they are "classics" too lukewarm for notice by the new generation.

Perhaps time will recognize Billy Bob. Everyone gets a chance to play.

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 09-19-2002 at 08:52 PM

Billy Bob is one thing but is Henry Rollins (Klipsch Story Teller Celeb judge) any better at appealing to the Hugh and June Clever crowd?

KJ

"Search and Destroy"

-tattoo across the back of Henry Rollins (born Henry Garfield)

"Family man. Life all planned. First one on your block with Xmas lights up"

-Family man spoken word performance by Henry

I like Billy Bob.

Aren't we all a little wierd in our own ways....

Isn't that what makes life interesting.

JM

------------------

HT / Listening Environment:

Mains: '83 Khorns

All Heritage Center: K77, K400 above screen, Dual K22 in Heresy cabinets under screen.

Sides: Forte 1

Subs: Dual SVS Ultra +

Screen: 65"x120" DaLite Grey

Projector: Sharp PG-M20X

Processor: Lexicon MC-1

2 Ch Preamp: McIntosh C-36

Many NAD mono amps (for now)

What sort of bad things has he done? Is it the normal drugs, sex, and the like, or is it hardcore violence and scandel?

I don't know him at all.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

his ex wife, angolina joli (i seriously can't spell), the hot girl from girl interupted and lara croft from tomb raider, well she wore a vial of his blood on a leather strap around her neck. when they broke it off he wanted the blood back because he was afraid she would try to kill him with voodoo...

he is just your typical rock star LoL Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

So the typical freak show stuff?

Ahhh, what wonders drugs and money do to people... Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

his ex wife, angolina joli (i seriously can't spell), the hot girl from girl interupted and lara croft from tomb raider, well she wore a vial of his blood on a leather strap around her neck. when they broke it off he wanted the blood back because he was afraid she would try to kill him with voodoo...

he is just your typical rock star LoL
Smile.gif

Billy is still wearing her blood, though. Because of his contract with Klipsch, he had to put a "Bullshit" sticker on the vial.

fini

Yeah, I read about the blood thing. Kind'e odd, eh?

You can call me conservative, prudish, whatever, but tattoos and pierced parts just gross me out. I don't much care for that bare gut thing he's got going on in that ad photo, either.

If klipsch want's an old Arky to tout their speakers, I've got one for'em -- Johnny Cash! Now there's yer spokesman! Original, John Deere tough, and honest; just like klipsch! And no squirm factor.

------------------

JDM

Dynaco QD-2

Sennheiser HD-580's

Sony TA-F606ES int. amp.

Sony ST-S550ES tuner

Sony CDP-X33ES CD player

just, unless that's the broad term for cool now, like "you are such a rock star", Wink.gif he's not a rock star. or did he start up some 2nd rate band now like keanu, kevin or bruce willis did? Smile.gif

he's a movie writer, director, actor, producer, etc. isn't there some bio @ klipsch.com as they had his pic & a story on ther for awhile.

his oscar winning "sling blade" imo was one of the best movies ever, especially considering the low budget. i've never heard of him being into drugs too heavy to the point of problems. seems when he met up w/ angelina he got that rap. she is hot though. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Eeeeh...What's up doc. Oooh. Yas are talkin about that Thornton guy. Oh brudder.Take it from another Billy Bob.

All you need is a little Edjamacation.A uniformed public is one dat looks different at things da same way.As da Klipsch home page says 'you don't know jack'

so listen and loins about sumptin would yas:

http://home.pacbell.net/diana_do/knowjack.htm

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Yes, he kinda has that hard livin' look.

I thought Sling Blade was great, too. No doubt, the man has got major talent. He just appears a bit on the, uh, sleazy side. Maybe from hangin' out with wild women. Which Angelina Jolie certainly would appear to be. Dang, she did look hot in Tomb Raider, though.

Maybe he just needs a good woman to take him and clean him up, shave him, and get him some nice clothes that aren't three sizes too small. Something off the rack from JC Penet', perhaps.

...I still vote for Johnny Cash for official Klipsch spokesperson...

------------------

JDM

Dynaco QD-2

Sennheiser HD-580's

Sony TA-F606ES int. amp.

Sony ST-S550ES tuner

Sony CDP-X33ES CD player

I really don't care much for body piercings or tattoos and such on myself, but if somebody wants them, it is their choice, not mine!!

It seems that fame and fortune tends to bring out the weirdness in those who achieve it...or at least a PROJECTED weirdness...especially if Hollywood is involved!!

As for Billy Bob...hey, his life is his own...I wonder what some of the BB members would think if they saw me drive up in their driveways for a visit in my raggedy 275,000 mile mitsubishi pick-up truck with the top of the bed caved in on one side from an iced over tree landing on it!! And after I got outta it, in my worn bib overalls with my scruffy beard and sporting my larger-than-the-current-style-of-lens tear-drop aviator bifocals...would they call the cops on me?

This discussion reminds me of some of the veterans complaining about having an actor like Lee Marvin get a burial spot at Arlington National cemetary...here is how that kinda turned out:

His marker at Arlington gives only his name, rank(PVT), and service (Marine Corps).

Here's a guy who was an actor...how does he rate being buried with the other guys there? Here is why!!

I always liked Lee Marvin, but I never really knew much about the extent of his Marine Corps experience. In a time when many Hollywood stars served their time in the armed forces(WWII), often in rear-echelon posts where they were carefully protected, only to be trotted out to perform for the cameras in war-bond promotions, Lee Marvin was a genuine hero. He won the Navy Cross for his deeds at Iwo Jima. There is only one higher award for valor in the Marine Corps...the Congressional Medal of Honor!! If that is a surprising comment on the true character of the man, even more amazing is that he credits his sergeant with an even greater show of bravery!!

Dialog of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (His guest was Lee Marvin):

Johnny: "Lee, I'll bet that alot of people are unaware that you were a Marine in the initial landing at Iwo Jima...and that in the course of that action, you earned the Navy Cross and were severely wounded."

Lee: "Yeah, yeah...I got shot square in the *** and they gave me the Cross for securing a hot spot about halfway up Suribachi...bad thing about getting shot up on a mountain is guys gettin shot hauling you down. But, Johnny, at Iwo I served under the bravest man I ever knew...We both got the Cross the same day, but what he did for his Cross made mine look cheap in comparison. The dumb bastard actually stood up on Red Beach and directed his troops to move forward and get the hell off the beach.

The Sergeant and I have been lifelong friends. When they brought me off Suribachi, we passed the Sergeant and he lit a smoke and passed it to me lying on my belly on the litter and said 'Where'd they get you, Lee?' Well, Bob,...If you make it home before me, tell Mom to sell the outhouse!! Johnny, I'm not lying,... Sergeant Keeshan was the bravest man I ever knew..."

Sergeant Bob Keeshan?...Well, most of the world knows him better as Captain Kangaroo!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Tom,

Yep, true story!! Funny thing is...it was not really any surprise to me...here is why:

In my many years of military experience...there is one thing I have noticed...those soldiers who have REALLY "seen the oliphant" in their service to this country tend to have a quietness about it, give the credit for what happened to those who were around them and especially to those who didn't "make it back", and have a gentle spot in them...especially when it comes to children. It seems that those who "woof" of their own valor and prowess, more likely than not, were cowering in a foxhole or a "rear area" while others did the real dirty work!!

As my father used to say: "The dog that barks the loudest seldom leaves the porch!!"

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 09-21-2002 at 10:56 AM