Billy Bob?

jdm56

Out of the ordinary is what Klipsch wants - and BBT is the man. Sure beats seeing a spiffy dude from GQ on there, or the devil himself, Michael Jackson!

You have to be a little careful in your selection of celeb's and hope they don't go off the deep end while they're promoting your treasures.

Even tho I'm a year younger, I'd look freakin' stupid in that outfit! Go BBT!

(of course I'm just saying this so BB don't come on this board and kick my arse)

NP - Zebra - 3.V (this one sux)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if Billy Bob is their spokesman? Frankly, if you want me to buy a pair of 'Horns, you would do much better having Angelina Jolie standing there spread-eagled across a pair of them in little shorts with those pouty lips muttering Klipsch. I damn sure would buy the poster.

Now, convince me if I buy a pair she will come and spend the weekend with me and indulge my every whim, then you have a sale.

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4

The ending is great. My dad was giving us the... err... what?! look haha. He loves to talk in movies, now that is not allowed hehe.

I really liked that movie, and Billy did not have to act too much, he just presented himself as he is... a little crazy, but a romantic at heart... not my opinion, that would be my mother.

I really like Billy Bob, i think 'weird' people are fun to be around. I am sure a lot of ppl though PWK was a little crazy making a speaker out of a horn. Well he proved them wrong! Smile.gif

(not trying to compare a man as great at Mr. Klipsch to Billy Bob, just an analogy Wink.gif)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

"...I wonder what some of the BB members would think if they saw me drive up in their driveways for a visit in my raggedy 275,000 mile mitsubishi pick-up truck with the top of the bed caved in on one side from an iced over tree landing on it!! And after I got outta it, in my worn bib overalls with my scruffy beard and sporting my larger-than-the-current-style-of-lens tear-drop aviator bifocals...would they call the cops on me?"

I know the type. I was raised in Texarkana and my mom's side of the family is from golden triangle of Wickes, Gilham, and Grannis. I spent all my summers growing up exploring the Cossatot River. BTW, my trailer up on Hwy 9 took a beating from the same ice that redecorated your truck.

You're the kind of person I seek out to strike up a conversation with when I get stuck with my wife somewhere I don't really want to be.

You are welcome in my driveway anytime...just bring records and beer.

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Come taste muh' Klipsch!

Hey wait a minute TB. I used to work at Bell Labs in Holmdel N.J..Im living proof that their arent any crazy people there. HooHooooooo! They sent the real nuts up the road to the Murry Hill facility to play with their laser guns and photon torpedoes. Or was that Niagara Falls ?

Niagara Falls !Sloooooowly I turned....Step by step......Inch by inch........

Eek.gif

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

quote:

Originally posted by TBrennan:

Justin---I don't think anyone thought PWK was crazy making horn speakers, not unless they thought Wente, Thuras, Fletcher, Hilliard, Lansing, Olson, Stephens, Voight and all the other people at Bell Labs, RCA, the MGM sound department and British Edison were crazy first. :-)

Not crazy making them i guess, but it was something new and many people think the design is flawed and put it down etc etc.

nevermind, maybe it is just my inference Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Justin,

Johnny Cash did the same thing Robert Mitchum did.

As for BBT being a spokesman just because he is an Arky...I really don't think that is the reason...there are lots of Arkies out there with famous monikers...some are actually still alive!! LOL!

Lester Flatt(deceased)

Jim Dandy or any member of Black Oak Arkansas(...they would make BBT look MILD in comparison!!)

Mary Steenburgen (but can she sing?)

Glen Campbell(thought he was dead until he opened up his place in Branson, MO)

General of the Army Douglas MacArthur(deceased, but he would try to take over the company if he was used for the spokesman)

The list goes on and on.... Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Johnny Cash is an American icon, criminal record and all.

I'm not trying to cut down BBT, really. As I said before, he may be a swell guy. And I certainly would not say he doesn't have the right to dress, groom and present himself in whatever manner he chooses. I just question his suitability as a Klipsch spokesman. Of course, Klipsch also has the right to project whatever image they would like to the buying public. And that is where I question their judgement. In MY opinion, Billy Bob Thornton, and for that matter, Henry Rollins, are not particularly good choices. Again, I'm not talking about the actual character of these people, so much as the what I believe to be the publics'perception of it.

------------------

JDM

'98 klipschorns, Infinity SM-120's (surr.)

Dynaco QD-2

Sennheiser HD-580's

Sony TA-F606ES int. amp.

Sony ST-S550ES tuner

Sony CDP-X33ES CD player

Sony DTC-75ES DAT recorder

Sony PS-LX510 turntable w/ Audio-Technica AT-216EP cartridge

Akai HX-A3 cassette decks>

rollins and billy bob thorton are the two freakin' coolest people i could dream up for corporate spokespeople. as a 27 yr. old who has been into punk/art house movies/and literature that you can't buy in the magazine section at the grocery store and who now must (reluctantly) wear a suit to work i find it nice to know that my consumer electronics products have a bit of the literate #$c! you!! vibe goin' on.

------------------

Two Channel System:

Klipsch Fortes (1988)

Jolida 202a

Rega Planet

Denon DP 3000 tt (Stax tonearm; Grado Gold cart.)