Best way to connect two amplifier sources to one pair of speakers

justin240

Ok so this might be a silly question.  I've got a pair of Rf-82's and two sources, a home theater receiver and a stereo receiver.  Sometimes I like to watch movies and will use the home theater, and other times music which I prefer to run through my stereo receiver.  What is the best way to connect both systems to my speakers that still easily allow me to switch between both sources?  Thanks!

I just in screw the wires... it literally takes me 1 minute to swap set ups and I have to do four amps and a subwoofer.

Others have switching mechanisms, but I dont. I just don't want something else in my signal path.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, justin240 said:

Good advice, going to order one.  What do you guys do about one subwoofer for two sources?

For me, I just run the speakers as large for 2 ch.  I could run a sub cable to the BDP but, the gain is not worth the hassel of re-arranging things. The RF 7, RF 7 II, RP 280 F, RF 5, RF 63, RF 82 all have decent bass capabilities and can stand alone without a sub depending on the room and your desire.

• 2 months later...

I use a custom built (not fancy) pair of small boxes each with a three toggle switch. Three so there will never be a live feed from one to the other. Can never be too careful you know. Also, I never switch a live feed anyway.

Been using this for well over a year without a problem. Eevery now and then Ill not have any sound because Ive forgotten to flip the switch.

Ive also used the same switch for two separate preamps.

Enjoy the music!