What is the model of these speakers?

Hey guys,

I am trying to get a proper list of what I have for my theater to then...UPGRADE! lol.  As of now it sounds good and all but I am ready to take it to the next level.  Sooo... that being said what speaker model is this?  I cannot find a model number on it anywhere?  I bought them in the mid 90s

Speaker 1.JPG

Speaker 2.JPG

No, the KV-2 is a center channel that went with the KG series back in the early/mid 90's.  I have the KV-1 and KV-3.  I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that's an Epic series speaker.  The others I've seen on the interweb have that same over-under, mid horn, configuration.

14 hours ago, dtr20 said:

If you only have one of these, it's probably a kg2.2v which was the center channel for the kgX.2 series. If this is a pair, it's probably kg2.2 or kg2.5

They are a pair, my home theaters main left and right channel....any suggestions for a suitable upgrade....... 

14 hours ago, ACV92 said:

No, the KV-2 is a center channel that went with the KG series back in the early/mid 90's.  I have the KV-1 and KV-3.  I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that's an Epic series speaker.  The others I've seen on the interweb have that same over-under, mid horn, configuration.

Yes!  My center channel is the KV-2!

40 minutes ago, supercooldude said:

They are a pair, my home theaters main left and right channel....any suggestions for a suitable upgrade....... 

What's your budget, size room, what type of home theater setup (3.1, 5.1, 7.1, atmos, etc)? 

1 hour ago, dtr20 said:

What's your budget, size room, what type of home theater setup (3.1, 5.1, 7.1, atmos, etc)? 

Ok, it took me a little while to organize everything but this is what I have, we can talk budget after we talk suggestions :):

Receiver - Yamaha RxV675 Natural Sound 7.1+2

2x Klipsch Kg2.5 (or 2.2) (mains)

Klipsch KV2 (Center)

2x Bose 161 (Rear sides SL SR)

2x Polk RC85i (Rear SBL SBR)

2x Polk RC851 (PL and PR manual says: Produce CINEMA DSP effect sounds. In combination with CINEMA DSP 3D (p.48), the presence speakers create a natural 3-dimensional sound field in your room)

Sub Klipsch SW-112 Reference Series 12" Powered Subwoofer

Optoma HD141x 1080p 3D DLP Projector

Homegear 110” 16:9 Projector Screen

HDMI to the projector (it doesn’t always play 3D, this is why I am including it in here): Twisted Veins 50’ High Speed HDMI

Theater Space Approx 13’ Wide, 18’10” Deep

Basement Speaker Layout.PDF

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Five new Jubilees withK402 horns and active crossovers, now, what's your budget?  ;-)

Ordered!  Lol

So I want to do this piece by piece like I have done in the past, save up buy something nice....but not $2300 per speaker nice.  At the moment I have about $2,300 to play with.  I'm not sure where to start.  The center?  The mains?  Receiver?  Pre Amp (whatever the heck that is).....

23 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Five new Jubilees with K402 horns and active crossovers, now, what's your budget?  ;-)

I thought I'd be the smart asss and offer up the Jube "upgrade" - thanks for beating me to it x5. Now I won't have to feel so bad -

• Like 1