Custom cherry Forte III

23 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I've seen cherry and maple naturally darken with UV ray exposure over many years but it still wasn't anywhere near THAT much, that's a big jump, it don't think it would be accurate to say you'd end up with this just by letting time pass. 

At bottom is a comparison photo of 5 coats of poly clearcoat on natural cherry(L) and a board of raw natural cherry(R).

Directly below is what I used on the speaker stands.

Related image

Bill

Cherry Comparison.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 1:07 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Possibly the first custom-ish Forte iii here, not sure. Basically the new cherry hasn't been some people's favorite idea so I had some done in the old style as a custom request. The new natural cherry has no stain and it is pretty pale, almost looks like pine with some pink streaks. The old style has a stain applied which is what was done here. I thought it turned out nicely. Will upload more pics if I get any.

received_10214423957341501.jpeg

Crap, that looks great! Exactly what I wanted

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 7:30 AM, willland said:

At bottom is a comparison photo of 5 coats of poly clearcoat on natural cherry(L) and a board of raw natural cherry(R).

Directly below is what I used on the speaker stands.

Related image

Cherry Comparison.jpg

@willland what would you suggest for removing the “soft”poly on my speakers, and going with something that will make my speakers darker to match my other Klipsch cherry speakers. The soft polyurethane they put on my Fortes are driving me nuts and Klipsch won’t do anything about it. I figure if I’m going to take the polyurethane off, might as well make them match.

21 minutes ago, RTR said:

@willland what would you suggest for removing the “soft”poly on my speakers, and going with something that will make my speakers darker to match my other Klipsch cherry speakers. The soft polyurethane they put on my Fortes are driving me nuts and Klipsch won’t do anything about it. I figure if I’m going to take the polyurethane off, might as well make them match.

I am not the guy to ask about removing a previous stain/clearcoat.  I have only used raw wood.

Bill

• Like 1