Custom cherry Forte III

Possibly the first custom-ish Forte iii here, not sure. Basically the new cherry hasn't been some people's favorite idea so I had some done in the old style as a custom request. The new natural cherry has no stain and it is pretty pale, almost looks like pine with some pink streaks. The old style has a stain applied which is what was done here. I thought it turned out nicely. Will upload more pics if I get any.

received_10214423957341501.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yes a customer ordered them, these are already gone. Just showing whats possible. 

Congratulations on Post #5000.  :emotion-19:

Did the factory do the stain or was that done locally?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that should've been the Cherry finish they stuck with instead of the new.  I would almost think there's a lot of the new Cherry sitting in the barn....but I could be wrong.  Maybe people tolerate it just to get them....or it happens to match their decor with no other Cherry finished furniture in the room.  But that's just me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

These came from the factory like that.

We are always valuing used Klipsch on this forum. 

I would imagine having a customized factory stain would be "value added" to the price of a speaker with a stock finish.

In comparison this is the normal cherry on the right.  If you just ordered Forte in cherry you'd get this.  On the left is the old style stain on some heresy but that one isn't super recent.  Not the same camera or room but you get the idea.  

forte cherry 4.jpg

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, maybe a dumb question, but, can someone not order a darker finish than what is "standard"?  I mean, if they were to work with someone like you, is that possible?

I can ask, all they can do is say no. :) would need to figure out what exactly you had in mind first.

I think those look awesome....they should be an option I think. Custom ordered is a good selling point as Klipsch use to do years ago. The people that want custom will pay for it . If I had the money I would be in for an order of those Forte's for sure. 

In fact I am re-staining my re-veneered Scalas today with Red Sedona stain to get a little more red on the Cherry veneer . I did a test on a piece awhile back and decided to do it.

2 hours ago, Peter P. said:

Natural cherry will change color as it ages, and achieve that darker, "sweeter" reddish finish.

Patience is a virtue; all others use stain!

I've seen cherry and maple naturally darken with UV ray exposure over many years but it still wasn't anywhere near THAT much, that's a big jump, it don't think it would be accurate to say you'd end up with this just by letting time pass. 

• Moderators

I normally don't care for cherry but that's a good looking finish. I usually stay away from cherry because I don't like when there is almost no grain pattern, but with those the pattern is nice.