RF-82 ii -- final days?

Nhpm510z

7 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Yes...the new RF-82 II is now called the RP-280F.  All of the RF series speakers save for the RF-7 and RC-64 were rebranded under the the RP (Reference Premium) line.

Not sure I would call it a rebranding.  There is a fair amount of change between the RF and RP line.

2 hours ago, mDash said:

Looks a pretty good new line of speakers!

I have only heard the RP-160Ms which I own and they are a nice set of little speakers.  One of these days I will have to listen to the RP-280F.  Not that I need them but just to hear them (unless they are a good price :D).  I'm a sucker.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, pzannucci said:

One of these days I will have to listen to the RP-280F.  

A few people got them here and love them, then a couple more because of the first recommendations, they say they are a well rounded sound especially for the price. I have never heard them myself.

I did pick up a set of RF-82II a few months ago.  Not sure why but the price was right.  Not a bad little speaker though needs a little tweaking.  Works nicely with a pair of R115SW subwoofers.  Again, not sure why I bought them when I am supposed to be downsizing :wacko:

I will say for stereo, the R115SW pair with my KLF-30s running full range will rock.  Definitely don't miss the khorns except for the nice furniture.  The RF82IIs aren't in that caliber but aren't too shabby when mated with good subs, even running full range.  I don't think they're high end is as clean as the horns in the RP series though.

• Like 1