CL: Vintage Klipsch Speakers(Tallahassee)

billybob

• Moderators

Well, in all fairness, mine shocked me too.  I bought them like you because it was too good of a deal to pass up.  Didn't really expect to keep them, just wanted to hear them in my own home, with my own gear and my own ears, play with them for a bit and then sell them.  Boy was I surprised when I compared them to the RF-83.  No comparison.  The LaScalas won in every aspect other than the bass response.  The LaScalas have very clean, smooth bass.  The RF-83 have bass that you can feel.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Youthman said:

Well, in all fairness, mine shocked me too.  I bought them like you because it was too good of a deal to pass up.  Didn't really expect to keep them, just wanted to hear them in my own home, with my own gear and my own ears, play with them for a bit and then sell them.  Boy was I surprised when I compared them to the RF-83.  No comparison.  The LaScalas won in every aspect other than the bass response.  The LaScalas have very clean, smooth bass.  The RF-83 have bass that you can feel.

Lol,  Now that is an interesting discovery. Often  in the past wondered what they were hearing in the Reference series. Then with a set of RF-3, got a good hint. Use them still for simple 2 channel in TV room. Pleases Nancy so, a winner. Had that early detour into all the other Klipsch I could find. A good learning experience for me. Along comes the LS. Back on track! I will eventually report back with pics, etc. Thanks and will finally ease that longed

for critical listening of the bass. When at Jeff's(LS) listening to his setups, first bass I heard was from the forte's I had come for. The journey continues.;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Lol,  Now that is an interesting discovery. Often  in the past wondered what they were hearing in the Reference series. Then with a set of RF-3, got a good hint. Use them still for simple 2 channel in TV room. Pleases Nancy so, a winner. Had that early detour into all the other Klipsch I could find. A good learning experience for me. Along comes the LS. Back on track! I will eventually report back with pics, etc. Thanks and will finally ease that longed

for critical listening of the bass. When at Jeff's(LS) listening to his setups, first bass I heard was from the forte's I had come for. The journey continues.;)

where's those pics...stop Holden

out ....or it did not happen.....

• Haha 1