WTB RC-7, RS-7 and other antiques

vasubandu

The RS-7's are very nice, they have great midrange detail and play plenty loud. They do show up time to time on eBay, usually around $500 a pair. There's a guy selling brand new RS-62 II's on eBay right now, another great surround speaker that I believe replaced the RS-7's for $395 shipped each:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RS-62-II-Surround-Speakers-Black-Single/302404077375?epid=99319536&hash=item4668b0073f:g:-IcAAOSw2WBZg4yp

Thanks everyone.  Amazingly, I found a Cherry RC-7 just 20 miles away for $400, so I am set.  Big thanks to @jjptkd.  Now we just have to find a truck to deliver it.

Still in need of that Cherry RS-7.  I figure that since the towers and center are cherry, might as well keep that going.  Someone has to have them.

I am in the process of posting an entire RF-7 system in black ash.  RF-7’s with DeanG crossovers, RC-7 also with DG crossovers, and two unaltered RS-7’s.  The fronts are absolutely pristine, the center has a very little wear on the bottom, the rears one has a slightly mashed corner. Cones are all perfect, low miles as a home theater.  In Knoxville. Will be posting in main listings soon.  Just FYI.

Good thing you're not near me as I'd be interested in the RF-7's, looks like I'll remain indoors this holiday as the wife will throw me out if I bring home yet another pair of speakers or so she says anyways!

Good luck with your sale!

@Kriton with what I have learned about the RF-7 here, I suspect you will have no problem selling them.  All of the ads I had found for them have tons of views,  and the older ads are are all sold.  Given how challenging it can be to find the matching RC-7, RS-7 and RSW-15, maybe you should put together a set to sell.  Of course, you would have to test it first to be sure it all worked.

RS-7's will require a lot of patience.  When they come up, they tend to do so in multiples (multiple listings at various places).  The first generation RS speakers tend to command a certain level of respect that the rest of the speakers (excluding the RC-7 and maybe the RF-5) do not.